Birthdays

Options
Tayykisses
Tayykisses Posts: 265 Member
Question....

Has anyone had a birthday that just REALLY bothered them? Like, they didn't want to turn that age AT ALL? If so, what age was it??

Because, I know it's young...but I turn 22 in a month and I am BEYOND upset about it. Like, I do NOT like the sound of it, or thought of it. Lol

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I just turned 29 and I don't really mind. I'm just happy I don't have any wrinkles yet!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'll be 63 in a couple of months. I've enjoyed every birthday so far. Nothing wrong with getting older and it sure beats the alternative.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    For me it was 30. I did not mind turning any age after that, and I turn 49 in a few months. I was deeply saddened to turn 30, it was a horrible birthday "day" for me.
  • Tayykisses
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    For me it was 30. I did not mind turning and age after that, and I turn 49 in a few months. I was deeply saddened to turn 30, it was a horrible birthday "day" for me.

See.... and the thought of any birtthday after 22 doesn't sound bad to me. But 22 is hurting my feelings Lol
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd be mad about 30, but I really wasn't. I'll be 34 this year. I feel old half the time, but the rest of the time I'm like "wasn't I just 19?" Life goes on. Just another day on the calendar.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Tayykisses wrote: »
    For me it was 30. I did not mind turning and age after that, and I turn 49 in a few months. I was deeply saddened to turn 30, it was a horrible birthday "day" for me.

See.... and the thought of any birtthday after 22 doesn't sound bad to me. But 22 is hurting my feelings Lol

It is odd that 22 is your number.. Any idea why feelings are this way, do you just hate the number 2 LOL???
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    22 is a bit odd...I was partying and having a great time at that age. 40 was the only one that bothered me...but not to a large extent.
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Can't fight time. Never really bothered me. Just seems that the older you get the more you distance yourself from the rest of humanity and delve into your own bubble of existence. Don't celebrate birthdays - never have since 18.
  • Tayykisses
    Options

It is odd that 22 is your number.. Any idea why feelings are this way, do you just hate the number 2 LOL???

Lol. I have NO idea why. It Just sounds like my fun is over. Like its all down hill from here ! LOL
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I thought 30 would be a turning point (good or bad?) or something for me. I was quite nervous about it. Turns out everything is exactly the same. Except now when people try to persuade me to do things I don't feel like or treat me like I'm a kid, I'm just like "I'm 30 years old, crotchety, and I'll do whatever the hell I want." And then I do because I'm an old lady who doesn't give a crap.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Lol. I have NO idea why. It Just sounds like my fun is over. Like its all down hill from here ! LOL

Silly kid. When you think things are over is when they're over. The next 60 years are going to be really boring with that attitude.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Life is an ever changing landscape...in my experience, the fun is never over...the fun changes, but it's never over.

• Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This is so timely! My 49th birthday was in March and I wasn't interested in celebrating.

At work there's monthly email sent to everyone with birthdays (Month/Day) and in January I had already asked to be sure my name wasn't on the distribution in March. Thankfully my request was honored and it (mostly) went unnoticed.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Every age has good and bad aspects. So far I'm liking 50 better than I did 40.
  • Tayykisses
    Options

Silly kid. When you think things are over is when they're over. The next 60 years are going to be really boring with that attitude.

I dont think it will be boring, as I said, no other number bothers me. Just 22.
    Like I look forward to 23 but 22 just rubs me wrong LOL
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I'll be 63 in a couple of months. I've enjoyed every birthday so far. Nothing wrong with getting older and it sure beats the alternative.

^^This! I'll be 55 in a few months, and my mom passed away when she was 48 (I was 17), soooo -- I say, keep 'em coming; life is too short as it is.
  • diezel67
    diezel67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Nah
  • maddiemadkins
    maddiemadkins Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Question....

Has anyone had a birthday that just REALLY bothered them? Like, they didn't want to turn that age AT ALL? If so, what age was it??

Because, I know it's young...but I turn 22 in a month and I am BEYOND upset about it. Like, I do NOT like the sound of it, or thought of it. Lol

Not to sound mean, and I know it will, but there are a lot of ppl who did not or will not get a chance to turn 22. At the end of the day age is a number. Live in the moment and don't worry about your birthdate. If turning 22 is stressing you out, honey, you're in for a world of pain for each and every birthday here on out. lol
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    For @Tayykisses PLEASE watch this!

From movie Lost in America, one of my favorite scenes!

https://youtu.be/d7JNUH7P2Aw
  • Tayykisses
    Options
    Question....

Not to sound mean, and I know it will, but there are a lot of ppl who did not or will not get a chance to turn 22. At the end of the day age is a number. Live in the moment and don't worry about your birthdate. If turning 22 is stressing you out, honey, you're in for a world of pain for each and every birthday here on out. lol

Lol you're telling me this like I don't know. I lost one of my best friends when he was 16, trust me, I know... I never said I didn't want to make it there, I just said it was bothering me. and if you read the comments... i said several times that no other age even phases me. Just 22. but thanks for your input ;)