My "WHY"

Options
SynMonte
SynMonte Posts: 15 Member
I started March 29th. I planned a birthday trip to Vegas a while back and every female I'm going with is super skinny. I just thought I don't want to be a fat *kitten* on MY birthday trip. I got on the scale and realized I was 250!!! The heaviest I've ever been. 30 lbs heavier than I was at the end of my pregnancy and that was almost 3 years ago. So I decided to really get motivated and give my all. I am currently 236.6 and still going strong. I will lose 80lbs by the end of the year!!!! #facts

Replies

• naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting started! You will definitely reach your goal if you keep pushing! I started a year ago at 250+ pounds and so far dropped over 80 pounds just by staying committed, logging daily and trying to improve myself a tiny bit every day. Just take it one day at a time and remember that this journey is not a sprint, it's a marathon :wink: You got this!
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! My why .. Is a bunch of different things that added up to me being done hating myself. I read a quote that said "One day you wake up and decide you are done destroying yourself" and boy did that resonate with me for some reason. I write it all over the place now. To ingrain it in my brain. You got this!
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You get it girl! You can do it
  • Hotelsma
    Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I started March 29th. I planned a birthday trip to Vegas a while back and every female I'm going with is super skinny. I just thought I don't want to be a fat *kitten* on MY birthday trip. I got on the scale and realized I was 250!!! The heaviest I've ever been. 30 lbs heavier than I was at the end of my pregnancy and that was almost 3 years ago. So I decided to really get motivated and give my all. I am currently 236.6 and still going strong. I will lose 80lbs by the end of the year!!!! #facts

• Hotelsma
    Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Glad someone started on the same day as me, will keep me notivated lol

Good luck
  • renitamcphrsn14
    renitamcphrsn14 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My why is: I decided to put me first for once. I take care of so many people on a daily basis with me being a wife, mother, and nurse. I wanted to do something for me. My husband and I are also going on our first cruise. Just us... I can't go to the Bahamas half stepping! Lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!