SUPPORT

Options
i LOVE how everyone on here is sooo supportive. I'be felt like giving up so many times & i've come on here & found inspiration to carry on. Anyways, I was a bit down because the past few days, I have gone over my calorie intake due to uni stress & PMS. The scale says i've gained 3 pounds in a week? is that possible ?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you eat more than usual then you'll have extra food in your system. And if you ate foods that are higher in sodium, that can lead to temporary water weight gain in addition to the water weight that many people experience before their period begins.

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Unless you went over your maintenance calories by more than 10,500, you did not gain 3lbs of fat. However, 3lbs of water weight is SUPER easy to gain. I can gain that before lunch.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    +1 to most/all of it being water weight that will disappear with time.

Just try to stay as close as you can manage to your calorie goal, and get back completely on track as soon as you can. No point in stressing about this (on top of all other stresses right now) - it helps nothing.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My preworkout weight is always 2-3lbs heavier than my post workout weight...lots of sweat. With no workout I agree with the person above, just with salt I can gain three pounds by lunch. Give yourself slightly lower sodium days with a ton of water, it will go back down...plus time of the month :(