Logging weight lifting

Options
How do I estimate calories burnt lifting weights for 2 hours? I put in running for 2 hours to log in calories burnt on my app but Im sure that cant be accurate.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It isn't. You don't burn anywhere near the number of calories lifting as you do running. Search for strength training and you'll have the entry.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    It isn't. You don't burn anywhere near the number of calories lifting as you do running. Search for strength training and you'll have the entry.

It lists each workout as 0 calories burnt, there is NO way I didnt burn even one calorie in 2 hours of weight lifting :/
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Nvm, it was 711 calories, I found a calculator online that gives a reading. You were right, 300 less calories. However my phone is not logging how much activity I had today so Im keeping the 1000 because its accurate with my other activities included. Thank you for warning me, I will use calculator to get better reading now
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Are you searching for it under cardio or strength? If you're logging the exercise under strength you won't get calories because there's not really a good way to determine how many you are burning unless you have a HRM (which can overestimate since they're more accurate for steady cardio). You can log weights/strength training under cardio and go that route - but err on the side of caution for calorie burn.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Yeah, it seems that anything weight lifting is just guess work :/
  • BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It's total gas work because your heart rate spikes of the drops, spikes of the drops. think about people who do a fast-paced walk on a treadmill for an hour. It says they burn a lot of calories but are they really. People who work out intensely for one hour with heavier weights typically it says you burn less calories. I don't buy it. Think about how much energy is expended while doing squats. And that's one exercise on your leg day. I honestly believe it is almost impossible to calculate how many calories are burned during an intense training session