Finding the Motivation Again

Options
Hi,

I am wondering if I can get some advice and help. Almost 2 years ago I lost 30 pounds one summer, with the help of 2 trainers and a crazy amount of motivation. 2 years later I am up almost 15 pounds, and I am lethargic all the time. I am working 2 jobs but cant seem to set the time aside to put into my workouts/eat healthy. I strive for whatever is easiest and am always running out the door.

I need help trying to find the motivation to get back into things and start working out and eating healthy and stop idolizing everyone who is living the life I want to live.

Please help!

Replies

• Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Best thing you can do is relearn everything you did when you lost those 30 a few years back.

When I start slipping and gaining a few pounds and I don't feel motivated, I go back to everything like I'm a beginner.

Start with eating habits and you will get there.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    If I thought you needed advice on losing weight I would have skipped this one. But imho, I think you are probably run the f down and you need to relax. If you are working two jobs and always on the run, any time you have is probably spent calming down and getting ready to go again. How about a compromise: take a little time to figure out the absolute easiest way for you to change your intake to lose weight (once a month cooking, simplifying your cooking repertoire, buying specific foods at convenient locations) then slowly incorporate supportive behaviors (like enough sleep, increased water, taking the stairs, adding physicality to your day, walks at lunch, etc.) so you are not giving yourself a whole new job to do. Then, as your circumstances change, you can adjust. It's hard to keep weight off when you are bathing your cells in stress hormones! Good luck with everything. Sending you relaxing vibes!