Back Again.

Options
Sasha8a
Sasha8a Posts: 6 Member
edited April 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hey there. Just got this app back and seems it's just as great as it was before. My name is Sasha, I'm 26 and I had back surgery a few years back after an injury caused by working out :/. Since then I've gained weight and feel awful. I'm ready to get back to where I used to be!

Looking for motivational friends. Feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, how did you hurt your back?
  • Sasha8a
    Sasha8a Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @ABabilonia I was running a trail one day and stepped in a hole. Felt a pop and sharp pain in my hip and groin area. Continued to run 6+ miles a day and do weights not knowing my SI Joint was shifted and it destroyed my lower back. Had L4-L5 fusion.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Ouch, that sounds painful. Don't feel awful though. You still young and I'm sure that you will achieve your goals. Good luck in your journey...
  • jaded082
    jaded082 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    @Sasha8a I had a spinal fusion last June (one year last week) on my L5-S1. I hurniated my back a year earlier, thought it got better but then rehurniated it last year. I was in constant horrible pain, doped up on pain pills constantly just to get through the day, and work.
    Thank God the surgery helped so much. Just learning to live with less mobility (like harder to tie my strap heels on, or my back cramps up sometimes after I've been bending over but then stand up.
    Now working to get back into great shape again. I had gotten into the best shape of my life, with great muscle tone right before I messed my back up the second time.
    I've put on 30 lbs this year, back up at my heaviest weight. But I'm fully weight lifting, running and cycling. Just got my diet in check as I've started following iifym so I'm ready to get my old body back (just without the back pain).