Only lost 1 pound in two weeks, is that normal?

Options
2»

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Yes everything is normal. Unless you are a unicorn anything that happens to you is normal as evidenced by the fact that it happened.

:laugh:

Brilliant. :flowerforyou:
    tumblr_lwsgjpqHa61qib9oao1_500.gif
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Yes everything is normal. Unless you are a unicorn anything that happens to you is normal as evidenced by the fact that it happened.

:laugh:

Brilliant. :flowerforyou:
    tumblr_lwsgjpqHa61qib9oao1_500.gif

One of my favorite movies! Now my kids love it too!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    You're doing it right!
  • 424a57
    424a57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    - The first two weeks, I lost 4 pounds,
    - the second two weeks I lost 9,
    - and the current two weeks Ive only lost 1 pound.

What am I doing wrong?

My friend, you aren't doing anything wrong. You've lost 14 pounds in 6 weeks -- that's 2.3 pounds per week. Most people would call that success!
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    there are MANY factors into weight loss and especially in the beginning we tend to focus (too much imo) on the scale rather then on the NSV and easily get disappointed. I often had weeks were I did alot and NOTHING happened on the scale and weeks I did nothing and the scale dropped. Some weeks by several pounds and others by fractions. I believe that as long as it doesnt go up I'm doing ok. As for why...it could be too little food, your body adjusting to the new regime, gaining muscle, water, heat, stress, hormones, etc. But if your feeling better than before and your clothes fit better, screw the scale lol.
  • markymarkchitown
    Options
    It's natural for the body to gain weight while working out. It's not just growing pure muscle mass. It's your muscles storing more glycogen/ sugar (which they need for energy when you work out), that also means more water. If watching the scale everyday motivates you and you can keep the small ups in perspective, then great. Another great measurement tool is your waistline. As long as you take it first thing in the morning, it should always be the same or lower. If it's bigger, then it could mean something in your diet is causing inflammation which is very helpful in knowing.

Keep up the great work!
  • bajashooter1
    Options
    Stick to prescribed foods but vary them, As far as working out, do cardio and resistance every day. Again , mix up your routine.Dont let your body know what your up to or it WILL correct , in quotes to help you cope. A steady loss should occur if you do that . well anyway it works for me.4 to 7 lbs per week. At it for a month now. I experience no stalls as in the past. I have taken off in excess of 100lbs, 3times in my life. I will not gain it back this time. We think we know how to eat and we don't. I am a college grad and have a masters and still didn't know how to eat. This site will serve me the rest of my life. I intend to get to 200lbs minus and 10% body fat before the end of the year. Gym trainers are sure I will.. oh and I am 74 yrs old and pass for----. well much less,haha.goog eating and working out.
  • drakesmanager
    Options
    Thank you all to who responded. I love the unicorn, and you have let me know it won't be always like this, as evidenced by your own stories! Thanks to all again! PS I love the unicorn lol