How to suppress my hunger?

Options
Any tips/advice?

Replies

• andreamora5293
    andreamora5293 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water! Try chewing gum too!
  • Niples_
    Niples_ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Eat moar protein.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Any tips/advice?

@nadiarene21019 welcome to MFP forums.

What that worked for me like a charm was simple but the first two weeks were very hard then hunger was addressed. I left off all forms of sweeteners and all forms of all grains. That was in Oct 2014 and all is still under control as long as I eat this way.

Best of success. In time you will find a solution that works for your body. We are all different.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    it sucks *kitten*, i have the same issue. its not easy and sometimes you just cave. but try to eat a little less through the day to save you calories for when you get that burst of hunger. remember you have a deficit built into you calorie goal too (500 if you selected 1lb per week). so even if you go over your goal but less than 500 over you should be ok.
  • owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Drink cold water
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Don't think about being hungry.

Distraction is an amazing thing :)
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    • Set a sensible calorific target
    • Pre plan your food
    • Experiment with high low fat and high low carb to find what works best for you
    • Drink plenty of fluids (coffee is especially good)
  • chichidachimp
    chichidachimp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein and fats. Protein and fat signal to your gut that you are full and increase satiety. Think about Eat more to weigh less and IIFYM.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Running suppresses hunger-- temporarily and to a point.

Food with high fiber and/or water content

Eventually you're going to have to eat something. The longer you wait the more likely you make a bad choice for something quick, possibly unhealthy or end up eating more than you otherwise would because in too high a calorie deficit.

• pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You need to experiment and figure out what provides the best dairy for you, in some cases cutting back on sugar reduced hunger, some people need more protein, others more carbs and or fat, pay attention to how you feel, and how long after eating before you feel hungry again. Also if your goal is 2 pounds per week, maybe reduce it to one pw for a month, see if that works for you.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Make sure you don't starve yourself! If you think you are hungry, work out if you are thirsty (drink some water), bored, "programmed" to snack at that time/with that cup of tea or coffee, or genuinely hungry. Would you eat an apple or a plain rice cake if that was all that was in the house? If not then you are not hungry! As others have said, distraction is a great thing, especially something that means your hands are occupied AND need to be clean and dry - crochet, scrapbooking, ironing, whatever floats your boat!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    eat healthy fats and proteins. What works for me is having PROPER meals and not grazing/snacking. Then I am satiated from a meal, and if I get hungry later on, I know I have a good meal to look forward to later and can just suck it up.

• bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You can look up the satiety index of foods. For instance, for the same number of calories a potato is over 3 times as satisfying as a piece of bread. In general go for proteins and avoid grains and sugars. Best to eat your carbs with a fat and with a protein. Think pat of butter with a potato and a piece of meat. Always try to get vegetables with your meals as the fibers slow down digestion.
  • Lavelle1980
    Lavelle1980 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Eat fruit and drink water. Fruit has fiber that suppresses hunger. Natural is the best way!