Plateau. Getting frustrated.

Options
I'm at a Plateau right now. 46yrs old. 5'11. Started 1/25/17 @ 240lbs. 46 inch waist.
Now 225 @ 43 inch waist. But I've been stuck at that weight number for the last 3 weeks! The waist I didn't start measuring until 2/9. So from 2/9-3/29 my waist dropped from 46 in. to 43 in. But since 3/29 no waist size change. My calorie count says 2075 for a 2 lb/week loss, but that seems to be off.
I've also ramped up my exercising. I've been doing 20 min./day on the stairs burning 258 calories each day. I also go separately 4-5 times/week and lift weights (chest, legs, back, shoulders, abs doing 1 body part each time i go) Since I rest 2 min. between sets I don't say I burned any calories when I do weights. What else can I do? My dietary is public so I welcome comments.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you have ramped up your exercising, it's possible that your muscles are retaining some temporary water weight to help with repairs. This is pretty common.

I know it's frustrating, but stay on plan. Sometimes little stalls like this happen and you have to focus on the trend, not daily results.
  • jbitakis
    jbitakis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    By the way how do people see other people's diary, if they say it's open? Can't figure that out.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Click on their profile then click on "view diary".
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far!

If you're weighing and logging your calorie intake accurately (and not overestimating your burns if you eat back any exercise calories), then you will lose weight eventually... it takes patience and commitment, but you'll get there! (I've stalled for 5-6 weeks at a time in the past before the scale really gets moving again... some people are able to lose consistently and others don't.)

Perhaps you could find something else to focus on while the scale isn't cooperating, like how much you're able to lift or how long/fast you can exercise for? Take progress photos too, and keep taking measurements. Sometimes other things change even when the scale doesn't, and those things can motivate us to stick with it. :)