Weight Loss Clinic/Supplements/Suggestions?

Options
How many of you guys have gone to a weight loss clinic?
Im debating on whether i should take that step or not.
Are there any supplements i can take to help me along and also make sure i get the nutrients my body needs.
I have about 100lbs to lose to be a healthy weight .
Any suggestions would help.

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Have you tried logging food, eating a sustainable deficit, and increasing your activity level?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    How many of you guys have gone to a weight loss clinic?
    Im debating on whether i should take that step or not.
    Are there any supplements i can take to help me along and also make sure i get the nutrients my body needs.
    I have about 100lbs to lose to be a healthy weight .
    Any suggestions would help.

If you do decide to go to one make sure that it's run by real medical doctors and that they have qualified staff, like registered dieticians. There are lots of very sketchy ones out there as weight loss is, in most areas, not considered medical treatment and is largely unregulated. Be very wary of anyone making miraculous claims - if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
  • Desyreeolvera
    Desyreeolvera Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hi,
    yes i have work out 3 times a week and have been logging but have hit a plateau and am not feeling like i am losing anything. Ive had added in vitamin b for a metabolism boost but nothing
  • Desyreeolvera
    Desyreeolvera Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    okay i will thank you!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    hi,
    yes i have work out 3 times a week and have been logging but have hit a plateau and am not feeling like i am losing anything. Ive had added in vitamin b for a metabolism boost but nothing

B vitamins won't boost your metabolism. They will help you with energy levels if you are short on the vitamins.

Weight loss clinics will make you lose weight... however once you stop going and buying their products you will gain the weight back.

Eat at a deficit (not too high of one). Fill your diet with healthy foods, fresh foods, lots of water, lean meats, as little processed foods as possible and you will lose weight. Exercise and eat those calories back. Switch things up along the way to help avoid stalling. Also, don't focus on losing large amounts at once. Weight loss is not linear and takes time to do it in a healthy way.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    hi,

Why don't we start simple. What is your height, weight and age, what exercise do you do during those 3 days and how many calories are you eating? Also, can you open your diary?