Polar FT4 or FT7 features ?

Options
A difference of $20 in price -- looks like the only different features that the FT7 has is the (1) data transfer and (2) polar personal trainer.com feature?

Worth the difference?

tia!

Replies

• greatwestescape
    Options
    The data transfer only works if you buy the optional thingy for your computer...
  • Mercedespony
    Mercedespony Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    ah well, answers that question!
    I don't need any more optional thingies around here.

Thanks!
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Bought the FT4 and got the ft7 as a gift...I didn't purchase the program that goes along with the ft7, so it hasn't made a difference at all to me. You can store more workouts, but I don't generally look back on my past workouts so that hasn't been much of a difference either.

Either way, it's a good investment!
  • lar4290
    lar4290 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 because I thought I wouldn't want the transfer, but turns out I wish I had the 7. The 4 doesn't connect to Bluetooth so you can't directly sync to apps. So now that I've started running, it would be really nice to have the heart rate data in my Runkeeper app real time rather than just typing in the average afterwards (eg I can't see heart rates for different splits).

Either is great, but I didn't understand that difference when I was looking!
  • Mercedespony
    Mercedespony Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Done, signed.. not delivered, but soon.

Based on your additional comments, I went with the FT7 for the additional $20 [even though I won't purchase/be needing the optional thingy at this point in time, perhaps in the future I'd like to].

And as I tell my husband all the time when I'm shopping, "look honey, I SAVED us money by buying one with room to improve!" ;)

thanks again, can't wait for it to arrive.