• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Non Food: Skincare products.
    Food: Cinnamon buns and sushi.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. When the good varieties come in at $5+ a pint (and ~300 calories a serving), it counts both ways.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. My bf and kiddos say I don't buy myself anything. They will go out and buy me things randomly (like clothes, candy, shoes, jewelry, etc.)

However, lately I have indulged in buying some Halo Top ice cream.

I have also been trying to travel more in the past 3 years (since my mom passed). I hardly ever traveled before that because I always thought the money could be used elsewhere. This past fall I took my first cruise with my sisters and I loved it! Enjoy life :blush:
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Money wise: I splurge on races. Someone the other day was making fun of me for saying I can't afford new pants, but in the same breath saying that if I can get a certain race bib for $50, I'll take two.
    Calorie wise: I splurge on cheese, because, well, cheese.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Money wise: I tend to splurge on produce. I don't always pay attention to what's going for the best price. If the quality looks good, I'll pay for it.

Calorie wise: This changes according to mood. Lately it's been breakfast cereal (gluten free crisped rice) with almond milk.
  • hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Halo top ice cream and single servings of Greek yogurts in dessert flavors (like toasted marshmallow!). Calorie wise: donuts. Mmm....donuts.
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    HEB just started stocking the new flavors of Halo Top. It's almost five bucks for a pint of ice cream, but I really want to try them.
    I recently splurged on a 4 gallon tank for a betta, everything new because I can't get anyone to go with me to check out stuff on Craigslist. I had nothing needed for the initial set up and just dumped my money into the accessories.
    23 for plants I got from Reddit
    10 for root tabs for said plants
    10 for a bottle of Seachem Prime
    10 for some decor I ended up not using
    7 for some sand
    I'm going to stop because I don't want to hold my self accountable on everything I've purchased...
    Fortunately, the only two purchase I can see in the near future are the fish itself (still cycling the tank) and some frozen food to supplement its diet.

Calorie and moneywise: eating out in general
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Veggie's
    Salmon
    Halo Top

I love my salads as big as my head so I buy a lot of lettuces, onions, tomatoes, seeds

Honestly everything is kinda expensive here unless you grow it yourself which I need to start doing since I have the space.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I splurge on Halo Top ice cream ($5/pint) because it's low in calories (360 cals for red velvet, whoo!).
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Cash- really nice family vacations
    Calories- cookies and milk before bed
  • CaraRahl
    CaraRahl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    cosmetics...I'm a makeup addict and not ashamed to admit it...I used to do mini makeup tutorials on youtube, and was thinking I should maybe start up again to somewhat justify the makeup purchases
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    i really wish i could buy halo top here....everyones raving about t...
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I splurged on really nice socks for running. They are $12/pair!

We go out or get take out once a week. I order what I want so that's definitely a splurge calorie-wise. I'm also one to order more than one dish when I can't make up my mind. So it's financially a splurge too. I had a waitress tell me "wow, you eat a lot". Actually, I don't since I take most of it home.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Money and calories: Craft beer.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    High quality fresh seafood
    Halo top
    Vacations!
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm a clothes *kitten* for expensive shirts.
    I like nice dress shirts for work.
  • IrisFlute
    IrisFlute Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Food related:
    Artisan cheeses
    Organic free-range meats
    And (when I'm not trying to lose weight): handmade chocolates from a local shop. Stupidly expensive, so I usually only buy two.

Not-food-related:
    Travel! I've saved for a year and I'm going to Russia next month!
  • buffinlovin
    buffinlovin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Money: I like to look for convenience things for my home. I've almost clicked the "Ship Order' button on amazon a bunch of times and hesitated just because I didn't want to spend the money just yet . Lately it's a stationary vacuum, kind of like an electric dust pan that you see in hair salons. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats, and I have dust bunnies the size of actual rabbits that lurk in the corners of my family room if I go a few days without sweeping.

I also like to get higher quality things that I will use regularly. I just got a nice quality pots and pans set. my last set was mid range, and lasted 9 years. I'm hoping this nicer quality one will last at least the same length of time plus a couple more years.

Calorie-wise: Tiramisu. I don't make it at home, but if we go somewhere and it's on the dessert menu, I need to try it. There's an italian restaurant that we go to a couple times a year (has a maximum capacity of 50 people, high quality ingredients and flavors to tickle every taste bud), and the portion they give you literally looks like they cut six large pieces out of a 9x13 pan haha! so worth it!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Money: I like to look for convenience things for my home. I've almost clicked the "Ship Order' button on amazon a bunch of times and hesitated just because I didn't want to spend the money just yet . Lately it's a stationary vacuum, kind of like an electric dust pan that you see in hair salons. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats, and I have dust bunnies the size of actual rabbits that lurk in the corners of my family room if I go a few days without sweeping.

I also like to get higher quality things that I will use regularly. I just got a nice quality pots and pans set. my last set was mid range, and lasted 9 years. I'm hoping this nicer quality one will last at least the same length of time plus a couple more years.

Calorie-wise: Tiramisu. I don't make it at home, but if we go somewhere and it's on the dessert menu, I need to try it. There's an italian restaurant that we go to a couple times a year (has a maximum capacity of 50 people, high quality ingredients and flavors to tickle every taste bud), and the portion they give you literally looks like they cut six large pieces out of a 9x13 pan haha! so worth it!

we sell tiramisu uat my work (an italian restaurant xD ) its soooooooo good >.> so hard to not eat daily lol