Dating advice for a beginner...

Options
lilawolf
lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
I met my ex when I was 17 and 10 years later got divorced. Now a year later I'm ready to try this dating thing, but I'm 28 and have never dated beyond "going out" in school as a teenager in Chile.

Sooo.... I want to date a lot of people to see what I like, what I need, what I can't stand, etc.... I just went on my second Tinder date (with a profile saying not looking for hookups).

What do you suggest for number and timing of dates with one person etc. For example, last night I met a guy who was very nice. Enjoyed spending time with him, not really sure how physically attracted to him I am (boy its weird looking at anyone else that way), but he's not someone I'd see myself with long term. Which since I don't want to get too serious, too quickly, is...fine? I'm meeting him again on Saturday, but since I only have so much time in my week, maybe thats too soon?

Anyway, I know everything is flexible, everyones expectations etc are different, but since I'm starting from scratch, I'd appreciate your input, jokes, memes, whatever...

Cheers

Replies

• lilawolf
    Options
    I guess not... Soooo many "bad date" and "what not to do/say" posts but no advice, lol.

And no... not interested in FRs based solely on this post. I dunno why this seems creepier than Tinder but it does.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say too soon. Just do what you are doing. Go enjoy yourself and see what happens. Just make sure these people you date understand what you are looking for and what your expectations are.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Always ask the guy, "What's another word for pirate treasure?"

If the answer is anything but this, don't give him a 2nd date.

zcfmmbph8uaa.gif
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If you had a good time with the guy, why not. I don't think it's too soon. This is the joy of being grown and single, you do whatever you want, whenever you want. You have the freedom to do so. Enjoy!
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    No idea tbh about tinder.
    Wish you luck though and play it safe in terms of meeting somewhere public etc. Plenty or horror stories out there and use a throw-away number/phone last thing you want is some potential nut having your own personal line and having to change numbers and all the hassle/stress.
  • bufnitzoiu
    bufnitzoiu Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for advice in a forum, you already failed. Everyone is going to tell you their opinion. All you need is time, wine and guys to date(my opinion... lol). Maybe you will find a "i love you like a brother" guy or one that'll make you go crazy from the first half an hour. All you have to do is go for it and follow your instincts.

Now you owe me a beer for the good advice! :D
  • FindingAwesome
    FindingAwesome Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I really don't have good advice for you. Just want to wish you good luck.
  • lilawolf
    Options
    bufnitzoiu wrote: »
    If you are looking for advice in a forum, you already failed.

nah...just chitchat. I specifically asked for jokes and memes lol...
  • IVMay
    Options
    Better yet take a ferocious dog with you. A caucasian shepherd should send a clear cut message.
  • lilawolf
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    Know where you'd like to go, eat or drink.

download_zpsbozrh4mo.gif

HA! Agreed. I live by a "honesty always" principal. I'll tell em if I like em, don't wanna see them again, would really like to get some >:), or whatever else...
  • lilawolf
    Options
    IVMay wrote: »
    Better yet take a ferocious dog with you. A caucasian shepherd should send a clear cut message.

I do Krav Maga... I don't need a dog ;)
  • bufnitzoiu
    bufnitzoiu Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5ippqAzwP1qzl63io1_400.gif~c200
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Do you do Keto?
  • IVMay
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    IVMay wrote: »

I do Krav Maga... I don't need a dog ;)

Even a docile labrador would take on Krav Maga. Israelis were that paranoid that they would be taken over by labradorable puppies.... their attempt at restraining the labs, sadly failed - and thus they had to expand their atomic weapons program and become a nuclear power in order to deter any possible labrador invasion.

So it is a tightrope of teeth gritting proportions, now, as to whom will strike first: the barkers - or the.... stwarkers.