I Didn't Know How Much I Had Lost Until I Lost My Pants

Options
lucystacy71
lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
For awhile now, the scale hasn't moved but I was determined that this time I wasn't going to get discouraged or slip back to my bad eating habits. I kept at it. I ate well and I exercised. To be honest, I thought I had hit a plateau - but that was until I pulled on an old pair of pajamas. I took one step and the pajamas fell to the floor. I hadn't even noticed any changes until that moment, but when I looked in the mirror I could see my waist was making a reappearance and my hips were definitely slimmer.

I know I still have a long, long way to go but this was a little victory for me. Hopefully, it's only the first of many.

Replies

• tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    That is WAY better than a number on the scale! Congrats!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Well done! :-)
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    That is great it does add up differently along the way, my weight loss has slowed dramatically. Since the winter I have dropped 2 sizes and only 9 pounds. I am firmer and way more fit even if the scale has not moved as fast as I would like...but really does it ever?
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! Soon, I'll have to go shopping for new clothes, which isn't something I've been able to do for fun for some time.
  • KimberlyVerb
    KimberlyVerb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
    It's hard to tell sometimes because it's such a gradual change. I'm currently on a plateau and I'm trying really hard not to fall back into old habits. I've added walking a mile everyday on top of going to the gym twice a week ... but I swear it's so hard to keep those old habits at bay!!
    Any suggestions?
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    so cool!! next will be the jeans....:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!