Just Sayin'

BoxerBrawler
BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
edited April 2017 in Success Stories
Just want to say that I am pretty damn proud of myself.
Last night after a two hour sparring and stress test I earned my yellow belt (First Rank) in Muay Thai. It was extremely difficult and I was literally exhausted to tears by the end. But I was on fire! By the end of the testing I had burned close to 4,000 calories! My punching, my kicks, my defense and all of the crazy stress testing in between... I held my own and crushed my goal! Onto to the next 3 months of curriculum, two more stripe tests and Red belt is next! :smile:

Replies

• chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 1 Member
    Wow! Great job!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    So inspiring! Doing martial arts at almost 50 and earning the yellow belt?!? You are a rockstar! :star: (<-- = you) :wink:
  • BoxerBrawler
    Thank you so much! I hate tooting my own horn but I feel so accomplished and I feel like such a bad *kitten*! hahaha!!
  • fitpurple
    fitpurple Posts: 3 Member
    Please toot away! You earned it, so by my deduction you deserve to! If you won't, I will for you. Toot! Toot!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Way to go!! Girl power!!
  • BoxerBrawler
    Thanks all! I'm going to keep going and dedicate myself to the art. Another three months and three more stripe tests and I can rank test for my Red belt! 6-ranks after that will be black and that test involves stuff like quarter mile sprint under a minute - 100 push ups followed by 100 pull ups... really difficult, but I can DO IT!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!