my turning point

Options

I just rejoined mfp and I am looking for accountability partners, and friends. My weight loss goal is to be healthy and happy. If I have to put a number on it, I would like to lose about 70 pounds. I'd love to find someone local that could possibly go for walks and meet up, but I will take any and all support I can get. I get inspired by helping others, so I think I could be a great weight loss pal.

A little about myself, I am the mom of 2 little boys, 3 years and 7 weeks. Before I became pregnant with my second son, I had just gone on weightloss journey that resulted in over 80 pounds lost (which I have gained nearly all of it back, due mostly to poor diet choices, but major activity restrictions associated with a highrisk pregnancy). Now, I'll be honest and tell you I did not do this the most healthful way and was basically relying on diet pills and starvation. I thought I felt good, I knew I looked better but I also knew I was not being healthy. I really do not want to go down that road again, but I am fighting my with confidence and fear of the lack of ability to do this on my own, the healthy way.

With the arrival of our new baby, I have made the decision to leave my position as a pre-k teacher (at least temporarily), and have started my own business from home. This transition has inspired me in so many ways. My goal in life has changed from wanting to be thin and rich to happy and successful. Through the personal development I've been working on I've come to the realization that the only true way to find happiness and success is to make your own. I've also found that making your own happiness needs to start with making every aspect of YOU happy and what is more important than being happy with your health? Nothing.

So, yeah- I'm making big changes. In a way, I guess I'm at a turning point in my life. I want to find some people to share this with, be inspired by and maybe inspire some of them along the way.

I can't wait to meet new friends in this journey.

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on this revelation!

You are taking on quite a lot, but sounds like you are focusing on a solid foundation for success. Personal success is generated through identification and reinforcement of good habits. Once you implement this in your life there are no limits to what one can do.

Looking forward to hearing of your future victories.
  • Clemsonlkg
    Clemsonlkg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am also back here after a successful 86 pound loss and a subsequent 92 pound gain. I am 6 months in (as of tomorrow) and at least 30 pounds down. I am only weighing once a month to keep my focus on healthy behaviors and not neurotic scale watching. I am trying to lose the weight very slowly this time. Some days I get impatient, and some days I feel great about it. I am 45 and 5' tall, so my weight loss conditions are not ideal. But I started where I was, and so far so good!