Lost quickly then stalled..help!!

Options
2»

Replies

• GnicoleL
    GnicoleL Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ok so im good then going back and forth between 1700 and 1300... Im not always hungry at lunch but try to eat alittle something.
  • GnicoleL
    Options
    GnicoleL wrote: »
    So if i gradually reduce to a stable say 1300 or 1400 a day of the right foods i could get past a plataeu?

You're not in a plateau. It's just been two weeks and you've lost weight during that time.

Could i get you to take a look at my food diary and tell me what you think..if you have the time that is..?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So if i gradually reduce to a stable say 1300 or 1400 a day of the right foods i could get past a plataeu?

You're not in a plateau. It's just been two weeks and you've lost weight during that time.

Could i get you to take a look at my food diary and tell me what you think..if you have the time that is..?

It starts March 23rd, correct? You look like you've been consistently logging since then. Good job. Keep at it and put your patient pants on. ;)

I would still urge the food scale (and you've said you're going to get one. YAY!). Weigh the peanut butter. 32 grams is two tablespoons. See how close your 2 tablespoons you've been using is to 32 grams.

Easy way to weigh peanut butter - tip - put the entire peanut butter jar on the scale. Tare out the weight (this resets the scale to zero, even with the jar on there). Scoop out the PB you're going to use. Enter the number on the scale into your diary (as a positive number). Scales are awesome, and easy to use once you get in the rhythm.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    That's a great weight loss for two weeks. Congratulations. I don't think 1700 is particularly high, in fact days when I eat more and my calorie count seems super high to me, is when I usually drop weight. I would definitely suggest picking up a food scale, they aren't that expensive, you don't need anything too fancy. I weigh and measure everything. If I make a casserole, I am pretty anal retentive about it, I put in all ingredients and I will count out a reasonable portion, say 1/2 cup and before I put the casserole or whatever it is I made into the fridge, I will count out how many 1/2 cup or 1 cup or whatever I chose as my portion size so I know just how many portions are in the entire recipe. Then I plug it all into the recipe section of myfitnesspal. Obviously if you eat at someone elses house, or you are at a restaurant you are winging it a bit, but I always err on the side of "higher calorie" when picking something out. I agree with the above poster as well who said to double check items that you are eating that are already listed in the database, often times they are incorrect, so typically I use the scanner on my phone to scan an item. If it doesn't have a bar code I may create it if I can't find it. You aren't really in a stall (I went from Sept -March fluctuating between the same 3 lbs). I also agree with another poster that stated to measure. I take my measurements and weigh every sunday morning and I have it in a spreadsheet that I made to keep track as well as to keep an eye on my workouts, like if I missed a few workouts and I don't see any inches lost, I know, well hey I didn't workout 3 days last week, that's probably why, gotta step it up next week. Sort of keep myself accountable.

My midsection is my nemesis so I get that. Also if you aren't incorporating any strength training, I would highly suggest trying too, even if you just do some while watching TV at night. Doing cardio and strength training has taken my body in a whole better direction, in fact I only do cardio 3xs a week. Good luck! and you can always add as a friend if you need encouratgement. :)
  • GnicoleL
    Options
    Thank you guys so much ill definitely take all the advice i can get!
  • smokinbluegrass
    smokinbluegrass Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am looking into buying a scale for sure now lol

The ozeri pronto is like 13 bucks and got great ratings from America's test kitchen. It's made a huge difference for me.