Pre-workout snack?

Options
2»

Replies

• SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner, go for a 30min walk and then come home and do my lifting. The nights I feel a headache coming on I will just do the lifting right after dinner otherwise the headache will get too bad to lift later and I lose a day.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Always before a morning workout. Something light like cottage cheese with strawberries or a protein fruit smoothie. I've tried going without but I get weak and lightheaded, so it's a must for me.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Make your own shake. Add a banana or two, one scoop of Whey protein. Drink it while you on the go.
  • babysheep1992
    babysheep1992 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, its has the carbs you need to help supply the body energy to exercise.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I like having some fruit post lunch.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I workout/run in the mornings. I'm not a breakfast eater because I snack in the evening. I almost never wake up hungry. I'll drink black coffee, but that's it.

I'm training for a half marathon so I'm trying to figure out fueling. My long runs are now 9 miles. 10 miles next week. It's tricky. I'm not sure I need fuel, but I don't want to crash towards the end either. I'm not fast so, a 10 mile run means I'm running for an hour and half.
  • ocrXfitter
    ocrXfitter Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I workout/run in the mornings. I'm not a breakfast eater because I snack in the evening. I almost never wake up hungry. I'll drink black coffee, but that's it.

I'm training for a half marathon so I'm trying to figure out fueling. My long runs are now 9 miles. 10 miles next week. It's tricky. I'm not sure I need fuel, but I don't want to crash towards the end either. I'm not fast so, a 10 mile run means I'm running for an hour and half.

I've run up to 17 miles without any fuel (or water) and was fine. If you fuel and hydrate enough the rest of the time it's all good.