Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Spin bike for home use - any suggestions?

I am looking into getting a indoor spin bike. I need it to be quiet. Sturdy enough to stand up on. Any suggestions??!!

Replies

• dennisTee
    dennisTee Posts: 20 Member
    Could just get a decent road bike and a trainer to ride indoors. You'll get to ride the bike outdoors at least as well. Worth the investment
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    I've been using a Cyclops Magnus with my road bike. I've been pleased with it. I pair it with Zwift and it provides a pretty good workout.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    Agreed. Bike + trainer + Netflix. I'm looking forward to riding outside this week, now that it's warming up!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,437 Member
    I use a fluid trainer which has worked well for me for many years.

However, if I were going to go with a spin bike (not a stationary bike, but an actual spin bike), I'd go with something near commercial quality.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    On a related note: I took my bike off the trainer today to go for a ride. The front wheel was hard to steer. I went ahead and rode it about 50 miles today, but it made for an interesting ride, especially on sharp turns. I took it apart and cleaned out the head tube when I got home. I think I took enough salt out of it to fill a salt shaker.
  • cricketpup
    cricketpup Posts: 28 Member
    Thanks everyone. I did get a spin bike. I'm loving it so far.