Weekend water fast

Options
SynMonte
SynMonte Posts: 15 Member
Water fast for Saturday and Sunday. And then back to my meal prep on Monday!!!

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Yes, she is. And this is a monumentally bad idea, OP.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have prepped for a few colonoscopies and it was no fun. I can't imagine why you would want to do this. I'd rather poke my eye out.
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Best of luck sustaining that weight loss.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    No way that's a good idea.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Water fast for Saturday and Sunday. And then back to my meal prep on Monday!!!

Why?
  • msdemeanor70
    msdemeanor70 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love food too much to give it up for two days. I would think any weight lost this way would be gained back pretty quick.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    This cannot be healthy.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You did not eat enough during the week, don't stop eating all together! You are on a dangerous path - please take care of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Spiritual reasons aside, what is the point of fasting if you aren't going to let yourself eat more other days?
  • joshuak30
    joshuak30 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Extended fasting such as what you're attempting should only be done under supervisor by your doctor. If you're morbidly obese and in dire need of losing 100+ lbs, then it's one thing...but it sure doesn't appear to be that way for you. Please reconsider.

If fasting is something you want to understand (good reasons for doing it, and healthy protocols to follow) then let us know and we can help guide you to good information.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Alex
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.