Its Friday, I'm tired and I want to go home and drown in pizza

Options
I am on Day 5 here on MFP. Had a fairly decent week. Three nights (M, T, W) I had meetings directly after work and I fared ok. Last night I worked on my taxes. I am heading out of the office in about an hour and all I can think of is "I want a nice hot pizza and a cold beer." Trying to stay far away from carbs and this certainly is the carbs screaming at me. I've got the angel on one shoulder saying "you worked at it all week - keep it up" and the devil on the other shoulder saying "you worked at it all week - reward yourself" Ugh!

Replies

• tricia5715
    tricia5715 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have 637 calories left. I am trying to stick w/protein and veggies because I am really stuck seesawing between 3-4 lbs up and down. I figured limiting carbs may be the push I needed to get out of the back and forth. I am so tired that I feel my resolve is too weak to stick w/just a slice and a beer.

And I'm not looking at this as being a miserable thing - I'm just very tired. Its usual for me on a Friday to be this tired. I'm hoping some weight loss will change this.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Re: the tiredness - how many calories have you been averaging per day? Not eating enough = tired and hangry for me. I understand not feeling up to testing your resolve on some days, though. Whatever you have tonight, I hope you enjoy it!
  • tricia5715
    Options
    Lol - define "devil carbs"
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If anything it is more likely to be sodium or hormones causing the seesaw but i digress. 637 will gab you a large slice and a light beer. I would hesitate for a second if thats what your craving
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Honey I hear you. I teach junior high and we have not had spring break yet. One more week. I am DYING over here. Have two reasonable size pizza slices and a big salad.
  • tricia5715
    Options
    No I do not intend to live a "pizza-less" life. Working on breaking bad habits, giving up too easily/early, sticking with the program, remembering what my goals/dreams are. Right now I have a dr. appt. on 4/25 - I want to have a good discussion with her and will use these results to support my efforts.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Pizza night here! Got it ordered and will pick it up on the way home! Looking so forward to it.
  • tricia5715
    Options
    Thank you - I love DiGiorno pizza!
  • tricia5715
    Options
    Sassy Pizza is LOL funny - thanks for the giggle!