Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Green Giant Veggie Tots

I just wanted share that the green giant cauliflower tots and rice cauliflower are the best ever!! This is coming from someone who used to hate vegetables. The veggie tots are a great substitute for regular tator tots in a casserole. The green giant website also has great recipes to make with them that I can't wait to try.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    So for some reason, I can't stand cauliflower rice, it's existence makes me irrationally angry :)

But I agree the tots are pretty good. I have to cook them a couple minutes more than the package said though. By package directions they had just barely cooked through and were a little soggy on the inside. But once I got the top and bottom more browned, yeah they were pretty good. I dipped them in BBQ sauce. I still eat potatoes, so I don't think of them as a sub, but I'm always looking for another way to get an extra serving of veggies, especially in the colder months when most of my produce is coming out of the freezer!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2017
    They are amazing, but if I recall correctly, I wasn't in love with the calories.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    They are amazing, but if I recall correctly, I wasn't in love with the calories.

I believe if you "tot" anything it adds calories, LOL. I guess it's whatever they bread them with. Maybe they have less carbs? I don't pay attention to carbs, so I didn't notice!
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »

I believe if you "tot" anything it adds calories, LOL. I guess it's whatever they bread them with. Maybe they have less carbs? I don't pay attention to carbs, so I didn't notice!
    https://www.greengiant.com/products/detail/green-giant-cauliflower-veggie-tots/
    https://www.heb.com/product-detail/ore-ida-tater-tots/28342

The cauli tots are around 50 calories less than potato tot and do have less carbs. This is probably just some potatoes are the debil thing. I don't mind since they taste good.