Exercise calories out vs calories in

Options
Does anyone have any issues with shaking or weakness? My calories in are about 1500/day and my calories exercised out are about 800-1000/day. Could that be why?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you eating those exercise calories back?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If you're confident in your exercise burn and you are not eating those calories back, then you are subsisting on 500-700 calories per day, which yes would make you shaky and lethargic.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    My calories in are about 1500/day and my calories exercised out are about 800-1000/day. Could that be why?

Absolutely.
    Your body burns calories just being alive (bmr), daily activity adds to that, and exercise adds to that. Meaning in a day you burn much more than just your exercise calories. Eating too far below what you burn in a day can make you light headed and lethargic.

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The exercise alone would be enough to lose 2 lbs per week. With that much exercise, you shouldn't be eating 1,500 calories, you should be eating normally.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    What are you doing to generate that kind of a calorie burn?
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any issues with shaking or weakness? My calories in are about 1500/day and my calories exercised out are about 800-1000/day. Could that be why?

What did MFP recommend after you filled out your profile page? As long as you gave an accurate Activity Level, Current Weight and Goal Weight, a Daily Goal would've been set for you, and that's the amount you should be eating. Also I notice you occasionally go below the absolute minimum 1200 calories recommended on this site. That way you're definitely not taking in enough calories to feed your body, and this would contribute to the way you've been feeling.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    What are you doing to generate that kind of a calorie burn?

I walk for almost 2 hours, even if just marching while watching tv, I do at least an hour of active cleaning a day, 30 minutes of yoga/stretching exercise, 30mins dancing and at least another 30 mins free weights. Often days I walk more then that though. I chase my 4 year old around all day both in and out of the house. He is an active kid!