Anyone in the 60+ age group?

Options
2»

Replies

• NancyMallo
    NancyMallo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    62 here. Lost 30 have 30 to go. At a sand still right now due to hernia repair surgery last Monday.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    66 here. Lost 35 lbs over the last year and am determined to keep it off. I love cycling, have just started a C25K program and am DELIGHTED to see you all!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    NancyMallo wrote: »
    62 here. Lost 30 have 30 to go. At a sand still right now due to hernia repair surgery last Monday.

Prayers sent for your quick recovery!

• bonniehoskins
    bonniehoskins Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm 62 and live in Nashville, Tn. I have battled weight since I stopped smoking at 23 years old. I really want to reach my goal weight once and for all and be healthy for the rest of my life. I've tried every diet in the world and have never made it to my goal weight. This January I dropped wheat and sugar from my diet and around the first of February, I started LCHF. It's working for me, but progress is slow. I feel so much better, even though I've just lost 13 pounds since I started. I am down almost 30 from this month last year so I am glad about that. I'd love to connect with you if you're looking for encouraging friends here. I've been on MFP since 2011 or 12, but I haven't always been faithful to eating healthy. That changes this year!
  • bonniehoskins
    Options
    I am 64 and trying to lose 20#, down 9.8#. Have cut back on carbs to an average of 25 carbs a day

I do low carb as well. Please "friend" me if you're interested in being buddies here.
  • bonniehoskins
    Options
    NancyMallo wrote: »

Prayers for a quick recovery.
  • willnevergiveup
    willnevergiveup Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 67, have lost 93 pounds with 15 more to go. I do very low carb (ketogenic). Please friend me if you like.
  • IrisFlute
    IrisFlute Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I'm 61. Lost 25 lbs in 2014, maintained my goal weight (in the 130's) pretty well but discovered last month that I was at 142. Now I'm dieting for the month of April, to reset my habits and drop back into the 130's.
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I'm not MFP literate when to comes to finding friends in the 60's age group. We have different energy levels to the younger ones. Please feel free to friend me and let's get motivated to help each other. I have about 15kgs that I would like to lose by Xmas.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    A bit past there ... just turned 72 last month. Pretty hard to find folks my age still trying to get their weight and nutrition 'fixed'. ... I'm active on the threads but keep my home page friends-free. ... home is kind of off-limits except for myself.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    69 here
  • ursking
    ursking Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 74, do I still fall into your group? Never too old to lose some weight. Been trying since my mid-30s.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Friend me. YOU over 60s are rockstar and I need to get your knowledge.