Paleo Diet

Options
Hello, my son has recently asked me to join him on the Paleo Diet. I've done some research, but I don't know too much about it. Has anyone tried it? If so, how do you feel?

Replies

• DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I tried Paleo for a few years and I felt good, but ultimately I missed dairy, bread, and sugar. I still make Paleo recipes pretty often, but I don't consider myself on a Paleo diet. A couple of great recipe bloggers to check out are Nom Nom Paleo and PaleOMG.
    The basic idea of the diet is to stick to meats, veggies, fruits, seeds and nuts, and healthy fats. There is a ton of criticism out there because it's an elimination diet, but like anything, do what works for you. I know people who consider raw/whole dairy to be Paleo compliant and white rice and potatoes are pretty commonly accepted as Paleo these days. Don't get wrapped up in the negativity and do some of your own research. There are a TON of delicious healthy things you can eat on the Paleo diet. If you're new to it, maybe just try out an 80% Paleo to start and go from there?
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to lose weight. It all boils down to a caloric deficit. Nutritional scientists have proven this by eating nothing but candy and chips for months at a time while maintaining a deficit and they still experienced fat loss.