Some recipes for me? I'm clueless!

Options
DanieSwob
DanieSwob Posts: 67 Member
So I'm new on here, I'm thin all over but have a stomach that now hangs over and it's making me feel depressed about myself so I've decided to try and change my diet.
From sugary drinks, processed foods, sweets cakes chocolates the list goes on.. I'm on day 4 and STARVING. I'm clueless when it comes to healthy eating because I've never ate healthy before. I'm fussy too..I don't like things like eggs..plain yogurt..I only eat fish and chicken no other meat. I don't even like water! But forcing myself to sip through out the day.
I'm on 1,200 calories a day and I have no idea what to eat. I am starving not long after I eat and I feel sick because of it.

PLEASEEEEE tell me some things I can cook! I'll try anything new I just need to fill myself up for longer.
Thanks!!

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Dieting shouldn't be self torture, you need to build eating habits you can maintain for many years.

Hydration can come from any liquid, so drink tea or coffee if you don't like plain water. Myself, I reuse the same teabag for the whole day with hot water refreshes. I find the tea bag still gives enough flavor to make it worth sipping.

Try more soups so you feel 'filled' and not starving.

1200 cal is a pretty low target, maybe lower your weekly weight loss target at the beginning and shift your focus to tracking and eating healthy without starving. Once you build self awareness and get into a rhythm, it will be easier to reduce your calorie goal (no starvation)
  • calibeaut
    calibeaut Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There is a great website I use to cook from called skinnytaste.com. They have all sorts of low calorie options and nothing tastes like diet food. Also, add friends on here and look at their diaries for ideas on what to eat.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Are you within a healthy BMI? Then you might be happier with an exercise regime to fill out in a little muscle rather than trying to starve your belly away.

I agree with you that diet reform has to be more than cutting a bunch of things out. You will be happier if you also add a bunch of new foods in.

It could really help if you allow artificial sweeteners back in. If you want to go more natural try picking up Stevia drops. They come in many flavours. Mine is vanilla.

Staying well hydrated is so important. It will give your skin a natural glow. If you hate plain water try sparking water with a little sweetness like Mio or Stevia. Some people swear by their Soda Stream. Tea is also very good.

What sorts of breakfasts do you like? It could be as simple as PB on toast or a muffin with a slice of cheese.

If all you like for protein is chicken and fish lets start with recipes that highlight them. The skinnytaste website suggestion is great.

I think you will need a run to the store to pick a variety of vegetables. Find some recipes first then pick up the veggies to go with it. Buy veggies and fruits in small quantities so they don't go stale and unattractive.

Fruits are naturally sweet and might help you overcome your past love affair with cakes and sweets. A baked apple stuffed with walnuts, cinnamon and a little sweetener can go a long way. You can also "bake" that apple in the microwave.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,161 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you need to lose significant weight, or just change your overall body composition. If you are fairly thin, a weekly goal or more than half a pound a week is too aggressive and will likely end up not giving you the body you want. You might want to consider doing two things. One, lifting heavy weights, and no, it will not make you bulky.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky#latest

Related to that, you may want to consider doing a recomp which you can read about here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat#latest