Anyone tried CB1 to gain weight

Options
So I'm a 31 yo female with 4 kids weighing 100lbs. I want to get up to 135. I decided to give cb1 a try. It's been about 2 weeks now. I downloaded my fitness pal to try and keep track of my weight. Anybody else tried taking cb1 how did it work for you and how long did it take to see progress. What advice do you have? I will continue updating my results.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Weight gain comes down to calories. How you achieve that is going to be a bit personal. Personally, I stay away from any weight gainers and would rely on food for a few reasons; 1. relying on a product will cause you to fall off that bandwagon once you stop taking it, 2. they are loaded with cheap fillers and tend to be the lowest rated product when it comes to quality when you look at independent testing (done by such companies like www.labdoor.com).

To help many, I have created a thread that will give you strategies and foods to help increase calorie requirements.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • thaggarda86
    thaggarda86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding. I'm trying the weight gainers because I barely have an appetite. So I'm hoping it will help boost my appetite. Do you have any suggestions on how to boost appetite.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Thank you for responding. I'm trying the weight gainers because I barely have an appetite. So I'm hoping it will help boost my appetite. Do you have any suggestions on how to boost appetite.

Lift heavy... seriously, everyone I know is starving after a hard lifting session. Also, you can try to eat more often... this will alter hunger signal hormones (like Ghrelin) which over time will cause you to be more hungry more often. At first, it might suck, but you can start off with drinking some milk, and then add in some high calorie items like nuts/cheese/avocado, and then eventually turn it into meals.