Qsymia

After having no success with dieting and working out the last year, and not wanting to do bariatric surgery, my doctor prescribed me Qsymia. Has anyone else tried this medicine, and if so, what success have you experienced using it? Have you had any side effects?

Thanks!
MHV

Replies

• Lisajac28
    Lisajac28 Posts: 3 Member
    I have been taking Qsymia for 2-1/2 months now. It has worked great. Before I started I did all the right stuff - watched what i ate, wrote everything down - exercised - worked closely with dieticians and the weight would not budge. Since taking Qsymia, I have lost 24 lbs. The only side effects that i have noticed is Pop/soda tastes really bad. Sometimes my finger tips tingle but more so in the beginning not so much anymore. My energy level is up and i do not even think about food at all. And I am still taking the lowest dose next to the starter dose. I know people are against weight loss medicine and bariatric surgery but you have to do what you think is right for you. It seems that people who have always been thin all of their lives and can lose weight easily don't understand the struggles that overweight people face trying to lose even a few pounds. My doctor monitors me and would not let me be on this if I am not doing my part. And if you go on the qsymia website sometimes there are coupons to use if your insurance does not cover.