Stuck at 92kg cant shed fat

Any helpful exercise hints or diet routines that are effective at lean muscle growth and fat burning would be greatly appreciated. I currently go to gym 4 time a week and eat between 1800 and 2200 calories a day with 1 cheat meal a week. I cant seem to lose that stubborn belly fat though.

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    First question, at that calorie level, are you gaining, losing or at maintenance?
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Your ID does not identify gender or male/female, and you also did not indicate what your gym focus is, so it is difficult to discern how to offer support. If you are alternating strength training with cardio, than you are likely converting to muscle, so measure your progress in inches lost, I would say. If you have plateaued (for longer than a month,) it is likely you should confer with a fitness trainer at your gym to ask for ways to tweak diet changes. Belly fat on males is a predisposition, I am afraid. It is actually internal (around organs inside vs. rolls outside the skin on women) and women carry weight after mid-forties for hormone reasons. Good luck and don't lose heart.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Eat less
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Eat less

This. I'd start by taking a long hard look at your cheat meal. Some get so silly with it, that it completely wipes out any deficit created during the rest of the week.
  • charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    Be strict, get rid of the cheat meal.

Is fat coming off elsewhere? If so, just keep doing what you're doing and eventually you should notice a change.
  • Mikeyiscool182
    Mikeyiscool182 Posts: 35 Member
    Cut down on carbs for 3-4 days and pump fluids. You will be surprised how much weight you will cut in a matter of days.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Cut down on carbs for 3-4 days and pump fluids. You will be surprised how much weight you will cut in a matter of days.

Virtually all of which is water weight and virtually none of which is fat.