Meal Prep

EllaLeahB
EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
How many of you meal prep? If you do, have you found that it helps you stay on track? Do you get bored of the same things that you make throughout the week? I finally talked my boyfriend into meal prepping with me. We're staring tomorrow. I have dabbled a little bit with meal prepping, but would love your suggestions. What's your favorite meals to prep?

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I'm not OCD about it, but what I do saves my butt.

- pot of steel cut oats that gives me 8 servings for brekkie. I mix up what I put with it each morning though a couple eggs is my standard.

- pot of the week for lunch/dinner. Spaghetti is cooking now, last week it was cabbage soup, lentil curry the week before. I usually mix these up with steamed veggies for bulk.

I try to keep a mix of leftovers in the freezer to add variety.
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    I do. Absolutely. Sometimes, so you have to be active looking up ideas of things that fit your personal goals (high protein etc.)
    I start with my target (for example, if I having rice or quinoa, I want to limit it to a half cup per serving) and measure it into container, then log it onto the day I plan to eat it as I prep. Add to the container other meal items and make several containers with the same content, so that I can "copy meal to..." and transfer that same meal to another day.
    My pal at work makes cabbage rolls, stuffed with venison, ground beef, pork, tomatoes and other tasty vegetables. They smell SOOOO good. It's her Go-To for a healthy meal. You can add brown rice for fiber as well.
    Personally I am all over the map with trying new things.
    Another idea = in parchment paper , center : broil chicken breast, ( on corners add: broccoli, squash, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, whatever tasty vegs you like) top all of it with rosemary, thyme , garlic, olive oil on the top and seal up with a nice fold. Bake and have ready to go packets. Also works with fish.
    Deviled eggs with greek yogurt instead of mayo for a quick protein party.
    Breakfast shakes- Ziploc bag pre-measured ready for the blender, just add a cup of greek yogurt and a cup of ice to the frozen baggie. (Did you see the MFP article on prepping these in a mason jar? COOL IDEA!)
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    I looove lentils and deviled eggs with Greek yogurt sound amazing! Thanks for the ideas:) and no, I did not see the article about the mason jars but I have seen some of those around online. I'm pretty stoked about tomorrow:)