Calories

Options
I have just started my fitness journey and realised how little I know! One thing which is weighing on my mind is regarding calories. I used an online calculator to work out my TDEE which came out to 2982, so in order for me to lose a pound of weight I must be in a daily deficit of 500 calories.
My question is since I am beginning at 2500 how long do you think I could keep losing weight at that amount?
I have around 35-50 pounds to lose so I would assume that my weight loss will stop eventually resulting in me having to reduce calories until I reach the dreaded 1800 figure.
Also this is for people who have been at that 1800 figure and seen no loss in weight what do you do next?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Quite a while. But you'll want to adjust your goal about every 10 pounds lost, and then drop your deficit to 250 calories once you reach your last 10-15 pounds. You probably won't hit 1800 calories at all.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    If you are so active as to burn 3000 calories, I'm a little surprised you are overweight to begin with.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    If you are so active as to burn 3000 calories, I'm a little surprised you are overweight to begin with.

We don't know the stats of the OP, that could be the calories he burns in a day because he's a big guy.
  • sabyahmed48
    sabyahmed48 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »

We don't know the stats of the OP, that could be the calories he burns in a day because he's a big guy.

Right now I am overweight that's probably why it is that much my BMR is 2169 and I multiplied it by my activity level which is lightly active (1.375).