Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Mine.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    The ones I write for myself, that include foods I like in the number of meals I like to eat
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Yes....Mine....All those complicated recipes Re not happening. Get the food, cook the food (sometimes) eat the food...Work out. Sleep. Repeat
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The secret to most meal plans you could find online are going to be based around protein with each meal, adequate vegetables, good fats, and something to add fiber. This is a combination that ensures most people will feel satisfied. You could essentially write your own and that way you get to eat foods you really like rather than what someone else likes.

The structure is often like this:

Meal 1: Whole grain or fruit, protein

Meal 2: fat (usually nuts or cheese) and protein

Meal 3: Protein, vegetable, fat, sometimes a whole grain

Meal 4: Fiber and protein

Meal 5: Protein and vegetable, maybe a fat

Meal 6: Small sweet treat or dairy.

Note: You do NOT have to eat that many times per day. You do NOT have to eat that type of pattern to lose weight.

It works for some, but it's pretty rigid. You should just experiment with what works for you because you might find that skipping breakfast and having two big meals works great or you might find that carbs are not filling and you'd rather eat more fats. Meal plans are not a long term solution and that's what your goal should be.