Success stories: share what you eat in a typical day

Options
I am finding it really hard to dons things to eat using the app. I'm. It much of a cook (we eat a lot of pasta) so please tell me what a day looks like for you. Thanks!

Replies

• ursking
    ursking Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be much of a cook when trying to lose weight. Just steam your vegetables and bake or sauté your meet/fish. And substitute spaghetti squash for your pasta.
  • roxvidican
    roxvidican Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love cooking too, but since I've started my journey, I haven't been cooking much. Typically, my day looks like this:
    Meal 1: oats with milk, peanut butter, banana and chia seeds
    Meal 2: scrambled eggs with a slice of wholewheat bread and a greek yogurt
    Meal 3: some meat (usually chicken breast) with either pasta or potatoes or some veggies
    Meal 4: cottage cheese and a greek yogurt

I usually have a protein shake or bar before or after my workout.

I agree with the above comment about checking how a typical day looks like now and then make adjustments within the limits of your caloric need to reach your macros goals with foods you enjoy eating. Just because you plan to lose weight doesnt mean you have to eat fad foods :smiley:
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I love to cook but honestly the vast majority of my meals are very easy to prepare and my meal prep for lunch is usually leftovers from dinner. It certainly helps to eat foods that are high in protein and fiber and not calorie dense but ultimately, you can eat whatever you want as long as you maintain a calorie deficit.

I eat a lot of lean pan seared meats, roasted veggies, and breakfast scrambles with egg whites but I also still eat things people say you can't eat and lose weight including chocolate cake last night. 138 pounds and counting says I can.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Just look at my diary. Lunch is fast food (today so was breakfast) and dinner I usually just make a salad with chicken and garlic bread. Random snacks that are usually the same throughout the week.
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Fat free Greek yogurt for breakfast with nuts and an Atkins protein shake. Lunch is usually either a salad with chicken or a turkey and cheese (mozzarella or cheddar) sandwich. Dinner is a lean protein, usually chicken, turkey/turkey burgers, meat loaf, burgers, pork loins, etc with a green veggie and a premier protein shake.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I basically eat whatever I want. To give me an idea what my typical day is I'm not big on breakfast so I'll have a protein shake couple granola bars and at work I'll share half of a buttered roll with the guys before we start

For lunch I basically eat whatever I want as long as it's within my calorie limit could be soup it could be vegetables it could be Pizza you name it I'll have it

Same thing for dinner I'll eat whatever I want I pre-cook a lot of my meals so sometimes they're repetitious but I got a crazy schedule and I really don't have the time to prep on a daily basis

You can take a look up my food diary yes it shows that I go over my calorie limit but I work out 4 to 5 times a week and I don't eat back my calories and I've been maintaining for about eight months. Also protein after my workout

It's a matter of eating what you enjoy as long as it's within your calorie limit
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!