Weight going UP??!!

Options
I've been doing MFP for a week now and my weight has gone from 111.5 to 114.5! I'm determined to make this work but I'm having a tough time figuring out what to eat. I'm not much of a cook (we eat a lot of pasta). Do you think I should try some WW frozen meals as meal replacement?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You started another thread saying that you were over eating calories. That will make your weight go up.

How tall are you OP?
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Are you not counting your calories??
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I've been doing MFP for a week now and my weight has gone from 111.5 to 114.5! I'm determined to make this work but I'm having a tough time figuring out what to eat. I'm not much of a cook (we eat a lot of pasta). Do you think I should try some WW frozen meals as meal replacement?

If you want to try the ww frozen meals then go for it. You're an adult and don't need our permission.

3 pounds gained in a week is almost certainly water weight, which I suspect won't be helped by frozen meals if they're higher in sodium. It might be time to adjust some of your expectations:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10196160/scale-stress-syndrome/p1
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Water weight if you've started exercising this week?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

Water weight if you've started exercising this week?

My first thought too????
  • Findingmyself086
    Findingmyself086 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Carbs(pasta, bread etc) I have learned are NOT my bestfriends..I eat it and my weight goes up like there is no tomorrow....could it be your eating foods high in sodium and like everyone is saying is causing weight gain/water weight for you....Don't give up!!! Weight is funny one day I am up 3 pounds and the next week I am down 5 pounds lol!!! Just try to eat healthy, stay under your goal, keep moving and drink tons of water
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm eating at a 1000 calorie deficit minimum which would make gaining FAT impossible, but the number on a scale can't tell you where your added pounds come from.

When I did two days of vigorous spring cleaning doing my whole house from top to bottom I gained 3 lbs on the scale. I could feel all the muscle groups that were sore which is a good indicator that your muscles are holding onto water for the healing process. I rested over the weekend because of a cold and lost 3.5 lbs. Considering it takes a 3500 calorie swing either way to lose or gain a pound of fat, I know for a fact that the 3 lbs gained and lost in the same week was just water.

In the week that you've been tracking your food with MFP, if you haven't increased your calories by 1500 calories per day over your maintenance calories then not all the weight gained is fat.

I don't know your stats, but the simple formula applies to everyone...more calories than you use and your body stores fat, less than your body uses and your body uses its fat stores. One pound of fat supplies your body with 3500 calories of fuel, 3500 calories too much supplies your body with a pound of fat.