How Long Did It Take You to Lose 10lbs?

Options
13»

Replies

• brznhabits
    brznhabits Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've dropped 10 lbs in 4 weeks off and on maybe 30 times. But when I decided on making actual sustainable habits it took me 6 months to lose the first 10 lbs :)
  • maurihart
    maurihart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    brznhabits wrote: »
    I've dropped 10 lbs in 4 weeks off and on maybe 30 times. But when I decided on making actual sustainable habits it took me 6 months to lose the first 10 lbs :)

This! It's been slower for me this time because I'm not doing anything "crazy" - no 1200 calorie days, no giving up all carbs or sweets, no "more than I can maintain" gym schedule. What I'm doing now is what I can do forever.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    about 6 weeks to lose 10 pounds. Have lost just over a stone now and the next stone is going slower to shift. !
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 13 weeks to lose 18 lbs. I still need to lose 20 more. So by Summer, it should happen. I'm motivated.
  • papercut2k
    papercut2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    About two months but I've been lackadaisical about my diet. Now I'm plan to knuckle down and get my act together.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It took me about a month. I was aiming to lose 20. (It took me about 3 months to lose the full 20 since weight loss slowed down after the first 3-4 weeks.)
  • maryemendoza78
    maryemendoza78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 10lbs in 2 weeks. Now on week 6 and have lost another 12....
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I generally lose 1 pound a week and sometimes it takes longer. I'm finishing up an 8 week challenge where I will end around 15 pounds lost in 8 weeks but I don't recommend that
    I have also noticed that changing up what makes up my diet (carb, fat etc) does seem to affect how fast I lose. These last 8 weeks I tried to go gluten free for the most part but I can't say for sure that made a difference. But if I amp up the protein and cut back on carbs I do notice the weight coming off again.
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I actually lost 10 pounds over the course of two weeks, which isn't necessarily normal or ideal, but it happened. I lost 7 one week and 3 the next. I also had a pretty high starting weight, as you can gauge from my profile picture
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    About 3 months. The first few pounds were the quickest and then it slowed down.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    About 2.5 months, but I was at a healthy weight and just need to trim down.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    10 pounds for me is like a month and a week.
  • chess_on_a_journey
    chess_on_a_journey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Took me about a month. So far I've lost 28 pounds in about 3 1/2 months.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    My first 10 lbs took 5 weeks, but I started with 110 lbs to lose, so someone closer to a healthy weight won't lose so fast.