Need something new to get motivated

Options
I need a new routine...something to get myself motivated again. It has to be low impact (bad knees)...any suggestions? I want something that I can do at home in 45mins or less. I'd like to try yoga. Do you know of a great yoga DVD that I just have to have??? Let me know - Thanks!

Replies

• Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Stacey McCarthy (?) is reputed to be a great Yoga instructor (I have a couple bonus segments on my Tammilee Webb DVDs). I also have weak knees (genetically predisposed to have weak joints :grumble: !) and I've been building up the muscle to help (yes, it does help but it takes time and patience :tongue: )
    I also really enjoy Tai Chi, while it seems low impact and you're not doing much, within 10 mins you're sweating and my fiance said he felt things in muscles he didn't know he had! Scott Cole Discover Tai Chi series is really great (I have the one for Weight Loss). He is a great, down-to-earth instructor that helps you feel good about who you are and what your goals are.
    I wish you best of luck and any time you need that extra push for support, just holler :flowerforyou:
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My all-time favorite yoga DVD is "Max Strom Strength, Grace and Healing." I just respect him for being so not a Hollywood guy. The DVD has a pretty challenging workout, and there is a section that covers proper form. When I get done I feel fantastic!
  • Fit4Life05
    Fit4Life05 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for suggestions ladies...can't wait to look into them! I'll let you know how it goes! :smile: