Distracted from diet

Options
Every time i start over it seems to be the same story: i go strong for a couple weeks, maybe even a couple months if I'm lucky, then i just get distracted. I start getting lazy about logging my meals and that one little thing starts it all, if I'm not logging, i forget to be as conscious of my food intake, if I'm not conscious of my intake then exercising stops becoming important. When i catch that happening i try to reboot but have trouble making it past lunch without forgetting again.

If anyone has advice based on what had worked for them to keep motivated in the long run, i would really like to hear it. Thanks <3

Replies

• paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Re-establish your relationship with food by viewing it as a fuel source. Think about it as the gas for your primo quality engine that is you. How often do you stop at cheap gas pumps if you know that it may be watered down gas? Probably not very often. Try to view nutrition the same way. Quality selection means longer engine life. Keep that motor purring!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    For me? It was changing things up completely that ultimately did it. I changed the way I ate, and ate my new way very consistently and consciously during my "motivated" period. I made THAT a habit. Then, when the motivation wore off, it was a true habit.
    Also, I switched up exercise fairly regularly when I was losing weight, so I would not get bored.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    For me it was a shift in attitude, in addition to a change of habits and tweaking of environment. I no longer rely on willpower or motivation or hope. I'm no longer either on or off. I won't "forget" something I want to do. So I just live and enjoy life. But I am also mindful and aim to be a bit (or a lot) more tidy than I used to: I plan what and how much I am going to eat, where and when, and make sure I have it ready in time. But I only eat what I like, and I deem nothing off limits. I move a lot more on the whole, but I don't do any planned exercise. My plan is as detailed as I can make it but no more than it needs it to be, and because life happens, it has to be flexible enough to adapt to real life. It's really easy this way.