Need help figuring out calories/macros

Hello, so I am trying to figure out how many calories I should be eating every day. So I do about an hour of weights 5x a week and about 30 minutes of cardio 3x a week. My overall goal is to lose fat/build muscle. I am currently a female, 150lb, 5'2. I have been eating 1700 calories on my weight training days and 1500 calories on my off days/cardio days with Carbs 30%, Fat 35%, Protein 35% but I try to eat less carbs higher protein/fat on my off days/cardio days. Does this sound like a solid plan? (I should add I already drink about a gallon of water a day and my food is very clean with healthy fats/carbs)
-Rachel

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Where did you get those calories from? Are you wanting to lose weight or maintain?
  • RachelNichole94
    RachelNichole94 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2017
    I calculated my maintenance calories on a bodybuilding.com calculator and it was 2,138 so I deducted 500 calories to give me about 1700 for 1lb of fat loss a week. I just am not sure if I should actually be eating more because of all the weight lifting I do. Ultimate goal is to get leaner and lose body fat but I want to maintain the muscle I have. I have noticed that different online calculators give me different numbers too! I waitress but attend college full time so right now I work between 15-30 hours a week.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    If you want to maintain muscle, than a good progressive overload resistance program is what is going to be key? Are you following a lifting program?

Also, it doesn't seem like too bad of a plan. You can actually drop protein a bit in favor of carbs or fats. You don't need 148g of pro; probably, you only need 100-120g outside of personal preference.
  • Pilatesgirl72
    Pilatesgirl72 Posts: 10 Member
    this is the best calculator I have found for correctly calculating macros!

http://macronutrientcalculator.com
  • PureFitnessCo
    PureFitnessCo Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. What's your daily average calorie burn? Do you track your fitness using a fitness tracker?