Losing weight at 68!

Options
DanaReel180
DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
edited April 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I recently received my Garmin Connect as a birthday gift from my daughter and she set me up on MFP!
I had back surgery; fusion and decompression a year ago and spinal steroid injections last month. After my surgery I zoomed up to 294 lbs. I'm 5'10" tall and wish to lose 100 lbs. Currently I weigh 271 and yes 23 lbs is good but have been struggling.
I'm looking forward to using MFP with my Garmin to meet my goals with y'all!

Replies

• princessp520
    princessp520 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am not sure if you are looking for an accountability partner, it sounds like you are doing great on your own. I could probably use some encouragement and accountability, which is why I ask. I also have a bit to lose and have to work on getting my blood sugar under better control. I am just turning 60 and got a Garmin as well, but for Christmas. I have used MFP off and on for years, but now I am getting back to really using it to help me toward my goals. Best wishes to you!
  • DanaReel180
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I do track my food; but exercise is my problem. Have you ever used a bicycle that you would use sitting in a chair? I wonder if they are worth the money.
    Thanks, Dana from Hot Springs, AR
  • DanaReel180
    Options
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I do track my food; but exercise is my problem. Have you ever used a bicycle that you would use sitting in a chair? I wonder if they are worth the money.
    Thanks, Dana from Hot Springs, AR

Do you mean a recumbent bike? They are excellent! You can read/watch tv etc in a comfortable position, and they can really get your heart rate up!

I highly recommend.
  • DanaReel180
    Options
    Ok, I wasn't sure the name. Thanks. I just had s blood clot in my leg do I need to get moving. I need to do as much as I can besides cleaning house. It's been bad since back surgery.
    I'll look on the internet. Thanks again!
    Dana
  • sweet82kisses
    sweet82kisses Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number you got this! :)<3
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I am old and lost 40 pounds so far just moving my fingers typing... mfp works!!!
  • DanaReel180
    Options
    Wow! Just typing! If that's the case I'll be losing fast! LOL
    Keep up the good work tracking in MFP.
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi Dana sounds like we have some things in common. Lol. I too have back issues and just got the steroid injections in my back a month ago as well. I have a cleaning business and do back creaking work everyday so I understand. The best thing for my back to do as exercise is water aerobics. It is low impact and the water feels so good. I have a YMCA membership and although they offer water aerobics classes I just go and do the same things they do but on my own time. I will send you a friend request. Hope we can help each other along the way.
  • DanaReel180
    Options
    Thanks jackiefrost1013 I do have a Silver Sneakers membership at the Y for free! I haven't gone since I had my surgery. I really enjoyed the exercise class and they have a beautiful indoor pool. I need to get this "I'm too fat" idea out of my head and just do it. I love to swim and it would be great for me! Thanks for the idea and encouragement!
    Dana
  • lulabe11
    lulabe11 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is just like my mom! It's just all the little choices that add up! Take the stairs instead of the evelvator, park far from the stores- those things. Slow and steady!
  • DanaReel180
    Options
    Good morning! My dog Dolly just jumped on me and wants me to get up! 70 lbs of coonhound!!
    I'm up and ready to start a new day!!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Picking up and putting down coonhound is a good workout too!
  • DanaReel180
    edited April 2017
    Options
    annaskiski No way! Dolly weighs 70 lbs. dr says no more than 25 lbs!