Sugar Free Peanut Butter

EmilyT85
EmilyT85 Posts: 9
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
Are there any good sugar free peanut butters out there?

Thank you! Looking for some more low-carb snack options.

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Any "natural" peanut butter is going to be sugar-free. Look for one that has the following ingredients : "peanuts". Smuckers makes a pretty good one that's widely available.

I take mine (the oil in natural peanut butter is separated in the jar) and dump it into a mixing bowl and beat it with an electric mixer. Then, I put it back in the jar. This takes a few minutes, but the oil seems to stay incorporated, and it's more like "regular" peanut butter.

Sometimes, for fanciness, I add a tablespoon of vanilla extract and some honey. (obviously, this kills the "low carb" factor).
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    The Skippy Natural is the bomb...no sugar and no mixing either. Tastes great!
  • I have tried both the Skippy Natural and the Smuckers. I like the Skippy better. Simply Jif has the same amount of sugar as the Skippy Natural and since I grew up eating Jif peanut butter, I like the taste better.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member

Natural Peanut butter and the ingredients will look like this.....................peanuts, salt.

May I also suggest that you try other nut butters too...........lower carb and taste better and in the end are better for you than peanut butter.

Almond butter
    Macadamia Nut Butter (my favorite)
    Sun Butter (sun flower seeds)
  • July24Lioness
    The Skippy Natural is the bomb...no sugar and no mixing either. Tastes great!

The Skippy natural is not so healthy, they add sugar to it, which takes away from the "natural"
  • July24Lioness

Low carb snack option...........

Lettuce leafs with nitrate free meats (turkey, roast beef, bacon, cheese) rolled up in the middle.
    Celery with nut butter, chicken salad
    Nuts of course
    Home made beef jerky (fi you have a dehyrdator)
    Cheese Sticks
    Deviled eggs
    Green olives
    Cucumber
    Radish
    Grape Tomato
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Natural Peanut butter and the ingredients will look like this.....................peanuts, salt.

May I also suggest that you try other nut butters too...........lower carb and taste better and in the end are better for you than peanut butter.

Almond butter
    Macadamia Nut Butter (my favorite)
    Sun Butter (sun flower seeds)

Oo, I didn't know there was macadamia butter. As of yet I've been to chicken to stray from peanut butter, but I'd definitely try macamadia butter.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Not sure where you live and if you have the same stores... but, some grocery or health food stores (Safeway, Nob Hill, Whole Foods) have machines where you can grind your own fresh nut butters! Sooooo good!!! And you don't have the oil seperation that you get from the pre-jarred brands! Some offer the different variety of nuts. But, you can usually always find peanuts and almonds. Always select the "no salt" option!

Edit:
    I love to stir in a tablespoon of almond butter into my vanilla yogurt or spread it on half of a banana! MMM!
This discussion has been closed.