Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    yeah but its one of those decisions that always seems dumb in retrospect if it just gets reforged. i think it would've been 10x as holy *kitten* if instead of destroying it, Hela had just taken it for herself. i mean "worthiness" is such a subjective term...even an "evil" person could be considered "worthy" if they believe in what they're doing.

Meh, I see it as layering and establishing a hierarchy of power in these movies and such. Where Thor has been master of the domain with Mjolnir, we know he is not a God, not supreme so something has to take that next level up. Doesn't make it useless at keeping him at a level of power above most others (or I should say reforging the hammer allows him to maintain a power level), but I think will start to play into that balance of powers among all the Marvel characters. Leads to all the questions of how this will all tie together anyway. Think about infinity stones and how powerful they are said to be, or the Celestials in Guardians. Or what about Doctor Strange and that ending? Not sure how that magic will play in too.

wls1ss0bpc0v.png

• Timshel_
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    THEY CUT HIS HAIR!?!? Omg where do I file my complaint?

But on the other hand... can't wait!

I'd still bang him. He's my man crush.

• Timshel_
    Options
    ehhh I can take or leave the superhero movies. there's so many of them and so many are exactly the same movie

635946239884192422131850077_tumblr_inline_ml06b2HOev1qz4rgp.gif
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried those yet...
    I did get the first book in the Wheel of Time series but just haven't gotten into yet... Gonna give it another chance though

I'll try name of the wind... That sounds good..

I also read the first book in the Age of Myth series... There is supposed to be 5 with the next coming out this summer... It was really good, can't wait for the next one...

The night angel trilogy is pretty graphic but the story is epic...

I absolutely loved Harry Potter too... The movies just don't measure up... Don't even want my kid to see them before reading the books

Wheel of Time is my literary jam. If you like Martin and Rothfuss, chances are you will like WoT. Definitely give Eye of the World another try. By The Dragon Reborn you will be hooked. The Fires of Heaven is my favorite in the series. It does lull from books 7-11 but picks back up as it climaxes.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    i think that's part of why it bothered me. Hela can now destroy something created by Odin himself? but Odin is the big dog in the realm.

idk i just felt like it was a cheap pop moment that won't matter by the end of the movie, which is kind of a problem with the marvel movies in general and i hate seeing them continue it.

i'm mostly salty just because we haven't gotten Adam Warlock and the soul gem yet though.

She was appointed by Odin to be Godess of the dead, so what power she has he gave. But Odin knows how the balance of power works overall, so that might be all part of it. I am curious to see where he fits into this battle for Asgard.

• JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I didn't think Batman v Superman deserved all the negative reviews it got... I liked it...

Yeah it's not art, but was entertaining and clever despite the lack of levity you see in the marvel movies...

Darknight is still the best of the genre...

Since then I've learned to just lower my standards
  • Timshel_
    Options
    I didn't think Batman v Superman deserved all the negative reviews it got... I liked it...

Same.

• JstTheWayIam
    Options
    46113bd194673c923eb533eb61970406_batmath-batman-vs-iron-man-batman-vs-ironman-memes_236-333.jpeg
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh!
    Scruge
    ydiz0gxzs9rh.png

Didn't remember much about him except the Dr. Strange tie in (it is actually Skurge) so looked it up.

• JstTheWayIam
    Options
    46113bd194673c923eb533eb61970406_batmath-batman-vs-iron-man-batman-vs-ironman-memes_236-333.jpeg

Just throwing this out there for the next page