Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes, anime! You have no idea how happy this thread makes me just glancing through it, but mostly too anxious to ever post anything relevant.

swln9s2eurl3.gif

• KosmosKitten
    Options
    Downloading Lego batman movie

I haven't seen it but everyone is in love with it

That's because it was great. It was as well done and humorous as the LEGO movie, but this one has a lot of obscure Batman references, which is great for people who are really into that.
  • MarcelloPasquale
    MarcelloPasquale Posts: 212 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It's hard to eat healthy when your friends keep asking you to have burgers/tacos/whatever with them...

Well, there will also be talks about fantasy and electronics, so sounds like a good lunch option.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

That's because it was great. It was as well done and humorous as the LEGO movie, but this one has a lot of obscure Batman references, which is great for people who are really into that.

I didn't think it was great but it was funny. Didn't expect the cast of bad guys...lol!
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »

I didn't think it was great but it was funny. Didn't expect the cast of bad guys...lol!

Personally, any movie that is able to captivate both adults and children alike and keep them laughing and entertained is great in my book.

I'm not a huge Batman fan (I mean, he's alright but by far not my favorite), but the obscure references everywhere were entertaining and I love when films do that.

And yeah, the cast of bad guys really made the movie more entertaining.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    It's hard to eat healthy when your friends keep asking you to have burgers/tacos/whatever with them...

Well, there will also be talks about fantasy and electronics, so sounds like a good lunch option.

I learned this when I used to go to a local store to play MtG. The random assortment of food they were always bringing in when we were trying to play was maddening. Pizza, nachos, etc. Made worse by the fact that the store is located on a strip of more gentrified local eateries (which are mostly delicious) and within walking distance of a Thai place, pizza and a bowling alley that delivers food.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Me today. I'll just be down at the end of the table.

giphy.gif
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Can I sit here too?

Yes if I can watch your anime hair blow poetically in the wind...

That is Alex Row (Last Exile).
    Captain of the Silvana "Kill 'em All" battleship/carrier, he is (looks) cold and detached for a perfectly good reason, and is likely the best fighter in-universe.
    One of my favourite anime characters.

tl/dr: he's a badass :grin:

PS: why doesn't this forum allow YouTube embedding AND removes start time?

I found my new anime to watch, thanks!
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Can I sit here too?

Yes if I can watch your anime hair blow poetically in the wind...

That is Alex Row (Last Exile).
    Captain of the Silvana "Kill 'em All" battleship/carrier, he is (looks) cold and detached for a perfectly good reason, and is likely the best fighter in-universe.
    One of my favourite anime characters.

tl/dr: he's a badass :grin:

PS: why doesn't this forum allow YouTube embedding AND removes start time?

I found my new anime to watch, thanks!

Oooo, it's a good one. I hope you enjoy the watch! :)
  • MarcelloPasquale
    Options
    @oocdc2 You're welcome!

More anime to watch
    Seven Deadly Sins (Nanatsu no Taizai)
    Knights of Sidonia (Shidonia no Kishi)
    Kuromukuro
    Cowboy Bebop

@CanesGalactica Have you seen the second series, Fam of the Silver Wing? I heard mostly negative opinions...
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    @oocdc2 You're welcome!

More anime to watch
    Kuromukuro
    Cowboy Bebop

@CanesGalactica Have you seen the second series, Fam of the Silver Wing? I heard mostly negative opinions...

Yes, you have listed excellent ones. :smile: Have you seen Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress yet on Amazon? Phenomenal steampunk anime...
  • MarcelloPasquale
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    @oocdc2 You're welcome!

More anime to watch
    Kuromukuro
    Cowboy Bebop

Yes, you have listed excellent ones. :smile: Have you seen Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress yet on Amazon? Phenomenal steampunk anime...

Nope, I'll add it to my list
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    @oocdc2 You're welcome!

More anime to watch
    Kuromukuro
    Cowboy Bebop

No, I haven't seen it. I didn't even know there was a follow-up to it. Pity that it has such negative reviews.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If you mix formaldehyde and bleach it creates a poisonous gas.

A more common mistake is Bleach and Ammonia:

"Likely Chemical Reactions from Mixing Bleach and Ammonia

The bleach decomposes to form hydrochloric acid, which reacts with ammonia to form toxic chloramine fumes:

First the hydrochloric acid is formed:

NaOCl → NaOH + HOCl

HOCl → HCl + O

And then the ammonia and chlorine gas react to form chloramine, which is released as a vapor:

NaOCl + 2HCl → Cl2 + NaCl + H2O

2NH3 + Cl2 → 2NH2Cl

If ammonia is present in excess (which it may or may not be, depending on your mixture), toxic and potentially explosive liquid hydrazine may be formed. While impure hydrazine tends not to explode, it's still toxic, plus it can boil and spray hot toxic liquid.

2NH3 + NaOCl → N2H4 + NaCl + H2O"

Does sound like a very fun time from mixing two common household products
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    If you mix formaldehyde and bleach it creates a poisonous gas.

A more common mistake is Bleach and Ammonia:

"Likely Chemical Reactions from Mixing Bleach and Ammonia

The bleach decomposes to form hydrochloric acid, which reacts with ammonia to form toxic chloramine fumes:

First the hydrochloric acid is formed:

NaOCl → NaOH + HOCl

HOCl → HCl + O

And then the ammonia and chlorine gas react to form chloramine, which is released as a vapor:

NaOCl + 2HCl → Cl2 + NaCl + H2O

2NH3 + Cl2 → 2NH2Cl

If ammonia is present in excess (which it may or may not be, depending on your mixture), toxic and potentially explosive liquid hydrazine may be formed. While impure hydrazine tends not to explode, it's still toxic, plus it can boil and spray hot toxic liquid.

2NH3 + NaOCl → N2H4 + NaCl + H2O"

Does sound like a very fun time from mixing two common household products

Gross
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I just remembered that when I was 12 I bought a bookmark because it came with
    The One Ring (I was obsessed with LOTR) and it got stuck on my middle finger for 3 days and I had to go to emerg and wait for hours just for them to cut if off.

It betrayed me.

After they cut your finger off, did you get to keep the ring since it was still fully functional or did you bury it along with your body part?