Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    26fzcszws6rx.png
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi

I'm new here.
    May I play too?

• cee134
    Options
    Hi

I'm new here.
    May I play too?

zhyscwrhs5yy.gif

*checking DM notes* yes.
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm a word nerd o:):D
  • cee134
    Options
    I'm a word nerd o:):D

So is this place an Elysium for you?
  • BeachHot23
    BeachHot23 Posts: 117 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm nerdy in a classic literature sort of way. I also like math and science. My goal is to be a true Renaissance woman ;)
  • cee134
    Options
    BeachHot23 wrote: »
    I'm nerdy in a classic literature sort of way. I also like math and science. My goal is to be a true Renaissance woman ;)

What did Odysseus use to clean his palace after killing Penelope's suitors?

(I only know this because it was a 9th grade quiz question that seemed to come out of the blue, I still remember it)
  • BeachHot23
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

(I only know this because it was a 9th grade quiz question that seemed to come out of the blue, I still remember it)

Do you mean sulfur? Or the way he made his servants clean everything up and then hung them outside in the courtyard?
  • cee134
    Options

Do you mean sulfur? Or the way he made his servants clean everything up and then hung them outside in the courtyard?

That's literature, now do some math and science. Then it will be official, you will be a Renaissance woman.
  • BeachHot23
    Options

That's literature, now do some math and science. Then it will be official, you will be a Renaissance woman.

What would you like to know?
  • msnomar
    msnomar Posts: 16 Member
    Options

. [/quote]

Just work out the chemical composition of the sulfur commonly used for fumigation at the time, and you're set ;)
  • BeachHot23
    Options
    msnomar wrote: »

Just work out the chemical composition of the sulfur commonly used for fumigation at the time, and you're set ;)[/quote]

That was sulfur dioxide, so SO2, or two oxygen molecules to one sulfur molecule.
  • cee134
    Options

tqp672gz4gww.jpg

• captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    OH come on. I can't be the ONLY person left that doesn't watch GoT? It isn't something I think I'd like but more than that I don't think I want the commitment of a show like that. I've missed just about every popular tv series for that reason!

I'm a hold out too...
    By in large I think most TV shows today are pretty lame, especially sitcoms... I just think "How I met your mother" or "Everybody loves Raymond", shutter and cringe lol...

I would give GOT a chance but I barely have time to breathe and sleep these days...

Although I've gotten pretty heavy into audiobooks, listening to the age of swords right now and dig it...

How dare you talk about HIMYM that way!
    gxmam8c6dh6n.gif
    :wink: :wink:

(in my defense, I hated Ted)

I love Marshal. He is the image of the person i would like to be. Ted IS dumb
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Curb Your Enthusiasm, Married with Children, Arrested Development, The Golden Girls, All in the Family, The Office, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Roseanne, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Frasier, Parks and Rec

Some of my favourites for sure!

Since were talking tv does anyone watch Your the Worst? I think it's great.

Hemlock Grove anyone??

New Zealand TV shows - Flight of the Conchords and The Almighty Johnsons (I'm still working on this one).

And Shameless is pretty awesome.

For new shows on HBO, I liked Roadies and The Night Of.

Of course everyone should watch Penny Dreadful! It's awesome and Eva Green :love:

only Flight of the Concords

Yusssssssss
  • BeachHot23
    Options

tqp672gz4gww.jpg

It's either 96 or 40, depending on your interpretation. However, if you decide on the running total interpretation of 40, you can also get 96 if you fill in the missing equations.
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    I found this podcast where these four guys do a d&d campaign called the adventure zone and its tons of fun
  • cee134
    Options
    I found this podcast where these four guys do a d&d campaign called the adventure zone and its tons of fun

Check out Harmon Quest if you haven't already. It's the creator of Rick and Morty playing D&D.