Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Thanks Buzzfeed, I got the garbage muppet. I never even heard of this thing. Accurate though. I was just talking about my sensitive hearing

cy26psgx7hhu.jpeg

Hold up! You don't know who Bean is? He's the "newest" of the main character muppets. He was first in a Jim Henson Story The Tale of the Bunny Picnic. I use to love watching that movie when it came on TV as a kid.

ETA: He was the brave one that came up with the good ideas. He was a problem solver and funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9iYv7oD3hk
  • cee134
    edited March 2018
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Thanks Buzzfeed, I got the garbage muppet. I never even heard of this thing. Accurate though. I was just talking about my sensitive hearing

cy26psgx7hhu.jpeg

Hold up! You don't know who Bean is? He's the "newest" of the main character muppets. He was first in a Jim Henson Story The Tale of the Bunny Picnic. I use to love watching that movie when it came on TV as a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9iYv7oD3hk

Was it available to borrow at the church library?

It could of bean. It was an Easter Special.
  • cee134
    Options
    "You can see Laura say 'pew' when she fires the gun, which she could never not do every time she shot it." - Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi commentary

6iayqwxj3f9w.gif
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Never seen it but I'll probably check out his movie this weekend!

The Theory of Everything was a wonderful movie. I watched it on an airplane, along with several of that year's other Oscar contenders, and it was my favorite of the bunch.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    4hih3dcanyc1.jpg
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    82qbddtwf0sz.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    4n6ny2vs5um7.jpg
    tl41ehb58s2c.jpg
    jko97u0ru1m9.png
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    4n6ny2vs5um7.jpg
    tl41ehb58s2c.jpg
    jko97u0ru1m9.png

Bbs nooo
  • cee134
    Options
    svz7q74iydnd.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    Did you know that Darth Vader recuperated from his lightsaber-inflicted injuries at the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Centre?

I do now.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL - Palpatine also ordered the medical droids—two 2-1B surgical droids, one FX-6 medical assistant droid, and one DD-13 cybernetic surgical droid—to keep Vader awake during the process so the pain would make him stronger.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Did you know that Darth Vader recuperated from his lightsaber-inflicted injuries at the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Centre?

I've also heard that Darth Vader would have been the most powerful Jedi or Sith ever... But the loss of his limbs hindered his ability to tap into the force

So Luke becomes the most powerful Jedi ever... So much for that...
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    svz7q74iydnd.jpg

This is gold
  • cee134
    Options

I've also heard that Darth Vader would have been the most powerful Jedi or Sith ever... But the loss of his limbs hindered his ability to tap into the force

Based on the Darth Vader comics and SW TV shows (all canon), I would argue he was the most powerful.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Based on the Darth Vader comics and SW TV shows (all canon), I would argue he was the most powerful.

Pretty sure George Lucas said that Luke was the most powerful Jedi...

Of course, before Disney got ahold of him
  • cee134
    edited March 2018
    Options

George Lucas himself has said that Luke is the most powerful Jedi ever

It’s also worth noting that Lucas has also reportedly said that Anakin would have been more powerful than his son had he remained on the Light Side, and that his comments on Luke’s powers came before Rey’s emergence in the Star Wars world.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-8-luke-skywalker-most-powerful-jedi/

Luke was the stronger Jedi because he used the light side to turn his father back to good. However, Vader was stronger and more powerful with the force (before Disney).

After Disney: Rey is.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

It’s also worth noting that Lucas has also reportedly said that Anakin would have been more powerful than his son had he remained on the Light Side, and that his comments on Luke’s powers came before Rey’s emergence in the Star Wars world.

Luke was the stronger Jedi because he used the light side to turn his father back to good. However, Vader was stronger and more powerful.

For Disney: Rey is.

Pretty sure Lucas also said this before the eu was bastardized lol... So there's that...

Grandmaster Skywalker from the Eu... The character fans deserved...

Hell Luke from Battlefront 2 is superior to what Disney gave us... He never would have gone the way Disney Luke did
  • cee134
    Options

Luke was the stronger Jedi because he used the light side to turn his father back to good. However, Vader was stronger and more powerful.

For Disney: Rey is.

Pretty sure Lucas also said this before the eu was bastardized lol... So there's that...

Grandmaster Skywalker from the Eu... The character fans deserved...

Hell Luke from Battlefront 2 is superior to what Disney gave us... He never would have gone the way Disney Luke did

I was thinking the movies; so yes that Luke is the best. :D
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options