Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    A Thermian and Alexander from Galaxy Quest! Riddick! A Dalek! A TRIBBLE!!! <3
    Is that a Cylon back right, behind Mork? And whose cat is that supposed to be next to R2?

I believe that's the cat from MIB with the galaxy.

Hmm, possibly, but then there's the galaxy? My instinct was McGonagall's animagus form, but that's a bit obscure, and not really sci-fi. lol

That's a good point however, they already returned the galaxy. Also the face markings match up with MIB cat and HP isn't Sci-Fi.

Here's why I think the cat is from MIB:

Cat

zk3ixtgawh8t.jpg

Cat from MIB

ksdvbklx1i1l.jpg

McGonagall's animagus

pz92g784eifi.jpg

Nailed it, dude! Wowzer.

The Pug from MIB was the tip off I think. They seem to have more then 1 alien from each show/movie.
  • invitedchaos
    invitedchaos Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ooh, Borg sighting!! And I think I spy Zed (Zardoz)... And General Zod circa 1980!

I love hidden pictures, if you couldn't tell. lol
  • invitedchaos
    Options
    Is that a Cylon back right, behind Mork? And whose cat is that supposed to be next to R2?

Hmm, possibly, but then there's the galaxy? My instinct was McGonagall's animagus form, but that's a bit obscure, and not really sci-fi. lol

That's a good point however, they already returned the galaxy. Also the face markings match up with MIB cat and HP isn't Sci-Fi.

Cat

zk3ixtgawh8t.jpg

Cat from MIB

ksdvbklx1i1l.jpg

McGonagall's animagus

pz92g784eifi.jpg

Nailed it, dude! Wowzer.

The Pug from MIB was the tip off I think. They seem to have more then 1 alien from each show/movie.

Yeah, I think there's another Leia in the back, too.
  • cee134
    edited March 2018
    Options

Cat

zk3ixtgawh8t.jpg

Cat from MIB

ksdvbklx1i1l.jpg

McGonagall's animagus

pz92g784eifi.jpg

Nailed it, dude! Wowzer.

Gremlins Poster Has 84 Different References On It—Can You Guess Them All?

Artists Vance Kelly and Kevin M. Wilson (also known as Ape Meets Girl) are teaming up for “Easter Eggs”

k0y78p6k7hzd.jpg
  • invitedchaos
    Options
    There's also a very dimly-lit Worf in the back, and I think Edgar the Bug from MIB?
  • invitedchaos
    edited March 2018
    Options

Cat

zk3ixtgawh8t.jpg

Cat from MIB

ksdvbklx1i1l.jpg

McGonagall's animagus

pz92g784eifi.jpg

Nailed it, dude! Wowzer.

Artists Vance Kelly and Kevin M. Wilson (also known as Ape Meets Girl) are teaming up for “Easter Eggs”

k0y78p6k7hzd.jpg

Good lord... Chucky, Castaway, Captain America, Game of Thrones (twice? what's that other shield?), Fifth Element, Labyrinth, Harry Potter, Wizard of Oz, Star Wars, Rocky, a Christmas story, Inception, Cobra Kai, Creature from the Black Lagoon? The resolution is too low to make out a lot of it... :(
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    the Zoltar machine from Big, is that the Neverending Story on the top shelf?
    ETA Holy Grail, spinner top from...Inception?
  • invitedchaos
    Options
    the Zoltar machine from Big, is that the Neverending Story on the top shelf?
    ETA Holy Grail, spinner top from...Inception?

Thank you! Neverending Story. I was trying to pull that from the cobwebs of my mind.
  • cee134
    Options
    Don't forget Krull.
  • cee134
    Options
    lfccw7ruxmk1.jpg
  • invitedchaos
    edited March 2018
    Options
    lfccw7ruxmk1.jpg

Thaaaat's more like it! Now we've got...
    MIB, Titanic, Freddy, Jason, The Mask, V for Vendetta, The Rocketeer, The Maltese Falcon, Indiana Jones (the idol?), The Big Lebowski (the rug really ties the room together, maybe), He-Man... Jurassic Park... Conan... Princess Bride...

I recognize the sword with the red gem, but I just can't place it! It's killing me!
  • cee134
    Options
    lfccw7ruxmk1.jpg

Thaaaat's more like it! Now we've got MIB, Titanic, Freddy, Jason, The Mask, V for Vendetta, The Rocketeer, The Maltese Falcon, The Big Lebowski (the rug really ties the room together)? He-Man... Jurassic Park... Conan... I recognize the sword with the red gem, but I just can't place it! It's killing me!

Thundercats.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options

Cat

zk3ixtgawh8t.jpg

Cat from MIB

ksdvbklx1i1l.jpg

McGonagall's animagus

pz92g784eifi.jpg

Nailed it, dude! Wowzer.

k0y78p6k7hzd.jpg

Good lord... Chucky, Castaway, Captain America, Game of Thrones (twice? what's that other shield?), Fifth Element, Labyrinth, Harry Potter, Wizard of Oz, Star Wars, Rocky, a Christmas story, Inception, Cobra Kai, Creature from the Black Lagoon? The resolution is too low to make out a lot of it... :(

Also Big, and there are things I know are references but IDK what to
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    lfccw7ruxmk1.jpg

The galaxy from orion's belt! Mib
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    lfccw7ruxmk1.jpg

MIB, Titanic, Freddy, Jason, The Mask, V for Vendetta, The Rocketeer, The Maltese Falcon, Indiana Jones (the idol?), The Big Lebowski (the rug really ties the room together, maybe), He-Man... Jurassic Park... Conan... Princess Bride...

I recognize the sword with the red gem, but I just can't place it! It's killing me!

Also the painting from ghostbusters, and apraham lincoln from the burton planet of the apes
  • invitedchaos
    Options
    lfccw7ruxmk1.jpg

Also the painting from ghostbusters, and apraham lincoln from the burton planet of the apes

Oh man, Ghostbusters! It was killing me.

Thundercats, HO!! (Thanks)

Is that supposed to be a face-hugger in the back left jar? And wtf is in the big one on the shelf?
  • invitedchaos
    Options
    I recognize the helmet on the second shelf, 2nd from the right, but I juuuuust can't place it.
  • RaevnW6
    RaevnW6 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Did we get the Holy Hand Grenade on the bottom left shelf?
    And I recognize the 5-bladed spinning knife but I've forgotten the movie.
  • cee134
    Options
    RaevnW6 wrote: »
    Did we get the Holy Hand Grenade on the bottom left shelf?
    And I recognize the 5-bladed spinning knife but I've forgotten the movie.

Krull
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Please select your tickets for :
    Avengers: Infinity War (2D) (12A) at 00:05 on Thu 26 Apr 2018 showing in Cinema 7
    Selection Price Qty Subtotal
    Adult 18+
    £6.50 £6.50
    Teen 13 - 17
    Valid for teenagers aged 13 - 17
    £5.00 £5.00
    Child >12
    Valid for children Aged 0 to 12 years
    £4.90 Ohhhhh yes giving my oldest day of school booked day of work please Thanos kill vision first.