Diabetic, Heart attack survivor, shakin' things up!

Options
I'm having to educate myself on how to eat healthier, exercise regularly, and understanding what my triggers for overeating.
Absolutely love eating out. Which I am trying to curb along with ice cream at night and portion control. Simply said...I have some serious habits to change. I don't smoke and I don't drink alcohol so I have that in my favor.
I have been a 20/22 plus-sized woman for 10 years now. I weighed 245 when I had my heart attack. I've lost down to 233 as of today. My ultimate weight goal is 150 lbs. I can see myself at 180. So, I have to reach one goal and then start imagining myself where I was after my 3rd child was born. Hoping to find friends here to motivate and gain support from - two way street. I know I can encourage others and by helping others I will ultimately benefit too.
I hope to find new recipe ideas, cooking hints, and how to "pick my poisons" in a healthier way. Need to work in more vegetables and fruits because my calorie count is under my 1500 calories/day goal unless I eat out! HELP!!! Which throws off my sodium intake and sugar control. I need low carb, no sugar, LOW sodium snack ideas. Thanks for your help!!

Replies

• MorningWhispers
    Options
    Welcome!

I was an ice cream addict myself - gave it up in march when I gave up refined sugar.

Anyway, if you are craving ice cream try making banana ice cream - blend a banana in the blender and then freeze it (or freeze it first and then blend, whichever works better for you, just be sure to peel before freezing).

Give the banana a couple of hours and it will come out the consistency of soft ice cream. Add a peach to it in the blender and it comes out kind of like a sorbet.

That might help you wean yourself off ice cream.