Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Post a quote

Replies

• honeybee__12honeybee__12 Posts: 7,927Member, Premium Member Posts: 7,927Member, Premium Member
    "The mind is an attribute of the individual.
    There is no such thing as a collective brain."

A.R.
  • tinkerhellraisertinkerhellraiser Posts: 3,040Member Member Posts: 3,040Member Member
    Moon_Stone wrote: »
    akthqg3t7vc6.png

i <3 jenny holzer

me17ea88c007.jpeg
  • tinkerhellraisertinkerhellraiser Posts: 3,040Member Member Posts: 3,040Member Member
    theyre the people who understand the story of The Flood and the story of The Tower of Babel are the same thing and those who don't
  • your_future_ex_wifeyour_future_ex_wife Posts: 1,403Member Member Posts: 1,403Member Member
    theyre the people who understand the story of The Flood and the story of The Tower of Babel are the same thing and those who don't

Idk the underlying reference here, and I’m feeling google-lazy again, but I can see how both stories are about the separation of cultures and starting over after disaster. Maybe too about building a monument to reach a deity

Edit for clarity
    edited May 1
  • 1sphere1sphere Posts: 1,261Member Member Posts: 1,261Member Member
    "The real hopeless victims of mental illness are to be found among those who appear to be most normal. Many of them are normal because they are so well adjusted to our mode of existence, because their human voice has been silenced so early in their lives, that they do not even struggle, suffer or develop symptoms as the neurotic does. They are normal not in what may be called the absolute sense of the word; They are normal only in relation to a profoundly abnormal society. Their perfect adjustment to that abnormal society is a measure of their mental sickness. These millions of abnormally normal people,living without a fuss in a society to which, if they were fully human beings, they ought not to be adjusted."

-Aldous Huxley
  • Reckoner67Reckoner67 Posts: 3,207Member Member Posts: 3,207Member Member
    “Why don’t we have stupid hummingbirds yet”—me
  • laprimaJennylaprimaJenny Posts: 459Member Member Posts: 459Member Member
  • XOX_LOTSA_XOXXOX_LOTSA_XOX Posts: 68Member Member Posts: 68Member Member
    “Taking care of yourself makes you stronger for everyone in your life, including you.” Kelly Rudolph.
  • corrarjocorrarjo Posts: 1,343Member Member Posts: 1,343Member Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    “Why don’t we have stupid hummingbirds yet”—me

"We do. The information is being held from the public. Another conspiracy." - me, myself, and I.

• your_future_ex_wifeyour_future_ex_wife Posts: 1,403Member Member Posts: 1,403Member Member
    “Work is love made visible.” Kahlil Gibran
  • laprimaJennylaprimaJenny Posts: 459Member Member Posts: 459Member Member
  • This_farThis_far Posts: 71Member Member Posts: 71Member Member
    “Work is love made visible.” Kahlil Gibran

That's beautiful
  • corrarjocorrarjo Posts: 1,343Member Member Posts: 1,343Member Member
    "...that's what they taught us; it's what's in your mind that counts; your intentions, that's how we'll judge you. What you want to do. Mortal sin had to be a grievous offense, sufficient reflection and full consent of the will. Ya had'ta WANNA! In fact, WANNA was a sin all by itself. "Thou Shalt Not WANNA". If you woke up in the morning and said, "I'm going down to 42nd street and commit a mortal sin!" Save your car fare; you did it, man! Absolutely!" - George Carlin
  • iMagoiMago Posts: 3,909Member Member Posts: 3,909Member Member
  • ShowingProgressShowingProgress Posts: 610Member Member Posts: 610Member Member
    'Poor man wanna be rich;
    Rich man wanna be king;
    The king ain't satisfied
    Until he rules everything's
    ~ Bruce Springsteen
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Posts: 7,927Member, Premium Member Posts: 7,927Member, Premium Member
    “Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity”
    George Carlin
    “I don’t know the question but sex is definitely the answer.”
    Woody Allen
  • emeraldwoods4214emeraldwoods4214 Posts: 95Member Member Posts: 95Member Member
    “You know what the real tragedy is? I’m not even supposed to be here today!” -Dante Hicks from the movie Clerks