Losing weight with hypothyroidism

Options
My name is Jodi and I have been struggling with hypothyroidism for about six years now. I have been on and off medication due to not having insurance at times, but I have been back on since early May, and been tracking what I eat. I focus mainly on carbs and sugars per my doctor's recommendation, but also try to keep my calories below the recommended amount. I have been kind of doing Insanity, but not on a daily basis like you're supposed to. I do it roughly every other day. I know I won't get the same results, but it's better than doing nothing, and it's hard to get to between work and kids. I started out at 165 and am down to 147 with my goal at 135. I'm not far, but have been struggling with this last 10 or so pounds. I did only recently start doing Insanity (two weeks of it), so I have probably been gaining some muscle.

I have learned quite a bit from these boards while browsing without posting, but hope to learn even more over time. :)

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose weight with hypothyroidism. I had my thyroid removed last year. It is hard, but it can be done. There is a group you can join called hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism. :smile:
  • jodithirion
    Options
    I didn't know there were groups on here. I have used MFP for tracking, but never the message boards. Thank you for the heads up!