Hello

Options
As you can tell I am new. I am 42 years old, a highschool teacher, a girl scout leader (I still have those wonderful boxes of things that break many diets!) and taxi driver for 3 kids. I am a new flexatarian and a pre-diabetic. I am getting my recommended Black belt in taekwondo on Monday. Currently I weigh as much as I did when I was 9 months pregnant- unfortuneately I had the last one 13 years ago. Because of new health concerns plus high blood pressure I joined my school's version of the Biggest Loser and this site in hopes for insights into controlling my intake as well as reformulating my family's diet.

LJ
:tongue:

Replies

• BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    As you can tell I am new. I am 42 years old, a highschool teacher, a girl scout leader (I still have those wonderful boxes of things that break many diets!) and taxi driver for 3 kids. I am a new flexatarian and a pre-diabetic. I am getting my recommended Black belt in taekwondo on Monday. Currently I weigh as much as I did when I was 9 months pregnant- unfortuneately I had the last one 13 years ago. Because of new health concerns plus high blood pressure I joined my school's version of the Biggest Loser and this site in hopes for insights into controlling my intake as well as reformulating my family's diet.

LJ
    :tongue:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
    Good luck Monday!! That is great:drinker:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    welcome and good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    Welcome LJHust.:flowerforyou: MFP is an awesome site. I :heart: it here!!!!!!!! Best of wishes to you!:drinker:
  • BlackBeltLJ
    Options
    I did it! I am now officially a Recommended Black Belt- that means in two months I go for my Black Belt- that means lots of workouts between now and then- can we say burn calories burn!:bigsmile:

LJ
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Welcom LJ!

ooh I see that you are a purveyor of those evil treats that tempt me every year.

Girl scout cookies were invented by Satan himself to tempt the weak. I, as of yet, haven't given in to them, but every time they come around my will weakens a little bit more.

As Marie Antoinette said "Let them eat (low fat, angel food) Cake (in small sizes with no frosting and only pureed strawberries with splenda as a topping)"

she said that right?
  • BlackBeltLJ
    Options
    Since she spoke French- maybe she did. You want to talk will power- I still have about 3 cases here in the house :grumble:
    LJ
  • banks1850
    Options
    Since she spoke French- maybe she did. You want to talk will power- I still have about 3 cases here in the house :grumble:
    LJ

:laugh:

Maybe it was Equal, I don't know if they had splenda back then. :bigsmile:
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    What is a flexatarian? New terminology for me . . .
  • banks1850
    Options
    What is a flexatarian? New terminology for me . . .

ERIN!!! Haven't seen you on for a while. Nice to see you back. How's everything going?

BTW, here is a description of flexatarian.

http://www.femhealth.com/FlexatarianBenefits.html