Too much snacking???

Options
Okay so I have been getting better at my eating. For breakfast I have coffee and oatmeal. For a mid morning snack yogurt. For lunch crackers and tuna or crackers and cheese. After about two o clock, I get really hungru and tend to eat everything in sight then have dinner. How to I stop the being ao hungry after 2??? Help me please??

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Eat more for lunch, that sounds like a snack. Fill up with salad and veggies/fruit.
  • kate21797
    kate21797 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Try eating more for lunch, You sound like you're getting a good amount of protein from the cheese and fish, but try having something else with it, like a salad or some fruit. Then again, you're talking to the girl who consumes at least 75% of her calories through snacks.
  • DoctorCheeba
    Options
    Eat a bigger breakfast and lunch! I know it can be hard but try. Dinner should be your smallest meal and lowest in calories. 2nd to that of your after dinner snack.

Sometimes my breakfast reaches 800-900 calories if I have Bacon (Based on my 2000-2500 calorie diet). I'm also very active though!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry around 2 every day, plan for it. I bring fruit, nuts and/or a protein bar with me every day to tide me over until I get home. There's nothing wrong with snacking as long as it fits your calories and macros for the day. Eating more protein earlier in the day could also help. Protein does a good job of sating hunger, so you should feel satisfied for longer. It doesn't matter when you eat your food as long as you eat it, so do what works for you. Most of my calories are between my workout and bed, a span of about 2 hours usually. I like a light breakfast since I personally tend to get hungry again sooner if I eat a lot at breakfast, but I also have food throughout the day whenever I get peckish. I work the snacks into my macros for the day and all is well.
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Learn discipline and self control. If you do Intermittent fasting for example you go 16-20 hours without eating.. you simply need to learn to detach yourself from food and eat with a purpose. Yes you could time your meals better so you are more satisfied throughout the day.. but I personally prefer the tough approach and learn to deal with hunger. Do IF and I promise you will never snack again :D
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Try adding some protein into your breakfast. As others have also said, a larger lunch may help.

What is your daily calorie goal?
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Learn discipline and self control. If you do Intermittent fasting for example you go 16-20 hours without eating.. you simply need to learn to detach yourself from food and eat with a purpose. Yes you could time your meals better so you are more satisfied throughout the day.. but I personally prefer the tough approach and learn to deal with hunger. Do IF and I promise you will never snack again :D

I second this. I used to snack A LOT. And since I started the IF that I can control my hunger and that I have to respect my designated eating hours. I do not starve myself, but I needed discipline to learn that I had eating hours and all... It's been working like magic!

I also recommend a bigger lunch, maybe include a small flavored lf yogurt as a dessert and have it in the middle of the afternoon (I love to save "desserts" for later.. it makes them more special! haha). Add salad and fruits, and the fiber will help you to feel full a bit longer.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I eat my three meals and two healthy snacks a day. I'm almost never hungry and almost always within my caloric goal for the day. In my opinion crackers aren't proper food. Rather eat vegetables and more proteins for lunch, maybe some carbs. If you get hungry at two then eat some nuts or fruit or whatever healthy snacks you want. Drink some water too!

IF is also something you could look into, I haven't tried it but know alot of people who have success with it!

Good luck :) xxx
  • kellywitcher13
    Options
    I think I would go crazy if I did IF. I think about food wayyy too much and it will worry me to not eat for so long. But I am about to start a new job. I will be working from 2 pm to 10 pm. I can get up at 7 everyday. Have oatmeal and coffee for breakfast. yogurt for a snack. oatmeal for lunch. (Oatmeal keeps me full for 3 or 4 hours) then have a yogurt at work for a snack and dinner idk what to do because. I think ill be busy after two and forget about my hunger until my snack. But mom said she would cook dinner and i eat when I get home but I don't want to eat at 11 at night then go to bed. What should I do for dinner?
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and coffee is not a good breakfast. Every meal should contain some sort of lean protein to help keep you satisfied and full. Add a few eggs to your breakfast. Also crackers and cheese for lunch? U expect that to keep u full? Your hunger is the result of the types of foods you are consuming.